Ooma Telo Handset - Massive Fail

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
RealDave
Re: Ooma Telo Handset - Massive Fail

Post by RealDave » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:51 pm

Groundhound wrote:I would prefer that the handset have a headset jack too, but from the OP's subject line I figured it must have jumped out of the box, opened his refrigerator, stole his lunch, ran out the back door, and then melted into a puddle of black goo in his driveway! :o
That was my fear as well. Good thing I checked before I brought it home. :)

amarryat

Post by amarryat » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:42 pm

Leeway wrote:
southsound wrote:[
I have two nice Uniden DECT 6.0 systems that I love - except they don't have headset jacks either! It seems like that is the norm for newer DECT 6.0 phones. I believe the Panasonic is the same (I only checked one, so I could be wrong).

Southsound, I bought new Panasonics Dect in the last 3 weeks and mine have the headset jacks.

Donna
And I bought Panasonics a year ago and they had them too.

wtnixon

Post by wtnixon » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:23 pm

I'm surprised you didn't notice some of the other flaws such as the sharp edges on the sides where the shell meets the keypad, how light it is, the glossy shell that will probably scratch the first time you set it down, and the fact that you can't get the pin number to sync and activate until nov 16th!

Wiz_Bang

Post by Wiz_Bang » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:18 pm

I agree the headset jack really should have been included. I will most likely return the Telo Handset within the 30 days since I feel it is poorly designed and the display text is terrible. Take a look at the calendar, this has to be the worst display I have ever seen. I am only hanging on to it see how well it works the the Telo after the 16th.

Lee

Post by Lee » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:34 pm

:D

AndreyMikhay

Post by AndreyMikhay » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:09 pm

OK. Recieved my first handset now, hooked it up....works great.
Now --- i check everything I could and i didn't find any options related to Bluetooth. Checked MyOoma -- nothing there eigher.
Am I just damn or it doesn't have Bloutooth?

oldanbo

Post by oldanbo » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:04 pm

AndreyMikhay wrote:OK. Recieved my first handset now, hooked it up....works great.
Now --- i check everything I could and i didn't find any options related to Bluetooth. Checked MyOoma -- nothing there eigher.
Am I just damn or it doesn't have Bloutooth?
I think Bluetooth may be a future feature. :)
Follow closely here. It may get better. Where is my sarcasm smiley?
We may or may not be damned, but rest assured, it's not just you.

Sarcasm off! No offense. ;) Glad to hear that you are pleased with Handset 1.

Cheers

stocks22

Post by stocks22 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:22 am

I returned my Telo Handsets. They don't work. The one that does keeps breaking...I cannot talk. The other party cannot hear me. Reboot the battery, reboot the Ooma hub over and over. The 2nd handset? Who knows WHEN they will get it up and running. I returned it and got Vtech phones for 1/4 of the price for 2. Works great. Ooma stinks in general. The network port does not work on the hub. POS from China.

southsound

Post by southsound » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:05 pm

stocks22 wrote: Ooma stinks in general. The network port does not work on the hub. POS from China.
I always enjoy the positive attitude in your posts! Thank you for reminding us that we are all stupid for liking the ooma product and (obviosly mistakenly) enjoying all the money we are saving by not having a phone bill. Maybe you might consider publishing a blog of "wisdom for the world" so we could all become wise and (eventually) have your great perspective on things! :P
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:05 pm

stocks22 wrote:I returned my Telo Handsets. They don't work. The one that does keeps breaking...I cannot talk. The other party cannot hear me. Reboot the battery, reboot the Ooma hub over and over. The 2nd handset? Who knows WHEN they will get it up and running. I returned it and got Vtech phones for 1/4 of the price for 2. Works great. Ooma stinks in general. The network port does not work on the hub. POS from China.
My heart leapt for joy upon learning you had returned your Ooma equipment and were no longer enslaved by a product you despise. May you now go forth, free of worry about not receiving a phone bill, knowing that your days as an Ooma customer are behind you.
As an aside to Ooma Mods, since these forums are restricted to Ooma customers I hope you will take the necessary steps to ensure they remain so.