calls forwarded to ooma hub dropped

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
edgooze
calls forwarded to ooma hub dropped

Post by edgooze » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:46 pm

I cannot forward calls to ooma. The hub and connected telephone ring, but when I answer, the call is dropped and I get the ooma dial tone. I have tried 3 different telephone no. to forward with the same result

edgooze

Re: calls forwarded to ooma hub dropped

Post by edgooze » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:05 pm

November 13, 2009. I Just finished a frustrating long telephone call with an ooma senior tech person. I was told in plain language, that you cannot forward any calls TO ooma unless the number being forwarded is an ooma telephone no. Therefore, you cannot forward calls to your cell phone TO ooma or for that matter you cannot forward any landline calls to ooma. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! edgooze

dsegel

Post by dsegel » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:28 pm

That's clearly nonsense. I have my landline forwarded to my Ooma line and it's worked fine from day 1.

edgooze

Post by edgooze » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:03 pm

Thank you for the info. It looks as if I presented a problem to ooma that they could not solve and ooma took they easy why out bhy not being truthful. Disappointing. I quess that I will have to find some ooma "SUPER SENIOR TECH' to solve problem. edgooze

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:24 pm

edgooze wrote:November 13, 2009. I Just finished a frustrating long telephone call with an ooma senior tech person. I was told in plain language, that you cannot forward any calls TO ooma unless the number being forwarded is an ooma telephone no. Therefore, you cannot forward calls to your cell phone TO ooma or for that matter you cannot forward any landline calls to ooma. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! edgooze
Not correct. I think there may be issues in some cases forwarding one Ooma number to another Ooma number, but obviously that would be an unusual circumstance for most Ooma users. I think the tech person had it backwards in this case or there was some other misunderstanding.

tommies

Post by tommies » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:49 pm

Is the number, from which you forwarding to ooma, another voip number? What is the provider?
My google voice number forward to my ooma number fine.
tommies

edgooze

Post by edgooze » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:50 am

11.14.09 I have tested forwarding call from AT&T Cell phone, magicjack and Time Warner digital phone all with the same result - ooma hub light up, phone connected to hum rings, but when I answer call is terminated and I get ooma dial tone. Call made directly to my ooma tele. no. can be answered without problem. I have called ooma phone directly using the cell phone, magic jack and the Time warner digital without any problem

edgooze

Post by edgooze » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:57 am

11.14.09 Unless I can get a solution soon, I plan on writing the president of ooma to let him or her know of the problem with technical support. I am hopeful that a forum member or someone at ooma who monitors the formum will be able to help.