OOMA TELO HANDSET

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
wtnixon
Re: OOMA TELO HANDSET

Post by wtnixon » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:01 am

Ok this thing is very annoying! The menu button is freakin difficult to hit and I hardly have big fingers! Two, I can't find a way to turn the stupid keypad beeps off under sound settings. Three, there's no volume control except going into the menu. Four, no color screen? My motorla phones are more than three years old and they are far more advanced than this thing.

lewienmax

Post by lewienmax » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:46 am

Ok...I have all the latest software and the phone still scratches and cuts in and out when attempting to make a call. I hit the green phone button to make a call and all I hear is scratching with little bits of the dial tone.

Any advice on how to resolve this issue?

photorob

Post by photorob » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:15 am

I am having same problems with the battery indicator I had plugged in for one week still shows low. The handset constantly shows Software update loading but never loads any ideas.

nrs

Post by nrs » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:38 am

lewienmax wrote:Ok...I have all the latest software and the phone still scratches and cuts in and out when attempting to make a call. I hit the green phone button to make a call and all I hear is scratching with little bits of the dial tone.

What firmware number you are on :?:
Customer since March 2009
Hub/Scout
Telo/2 Handsets
2 Lynxes

Lifetime Premier Member

lewienmax

Post by lewienmax » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:58 am

nrs wrote:
lewienmax wrote:Ok...I have all the latest software and the phone still scratches and cuts in and out when attempting to make a call. I hit the green phone button to make a call and all I hear is scratching with little bits of the dial tone.

What firmware number you are on :?:

The firmware I have is 1.31387

nrs

Post by nrs » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:16 am

lewienmax wrote: The firmware I have is 1.31387
Mine is also 1.31387. I donot have any sound related issues and call quality really good. I have set up as:
Modem>Router>Telo. I have cable internet. Sometimes powercycling both teloand handset helps.

What type of Internet connection you have like Dsl or Cable :?:
Hub/Scout
Telo/2 Handsets
2 Lynxes

Lifetime Premier Member

lewienmax

Post by lewienmax » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:33 am

nrs wrote: Mine is also 1.31387. I donot have any sound related issues and call quality really good. I have set up as:
Modem>Router>Telo. I have cable internet. Sometimes powercycling both teloand handset helps.

I have Modem/Telo/Router...I have Cable internet connection (TimeWarner). I cycled both with no improvement. It sounds like a really bad cell phone connection...choppy with static.

I have another handset that I may hook up to see if this handset is defective. Are there any things that could be causing interfernce with the handsets? I have an apple router and another 5.0 mhz phone system hooked up.

Is your handset very clear and quality is good when making and receiving calls?

nrs

Post by nrs » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:43 am

lewienmax wrote:
nrs wrote: Mine is also 1.31387. I donot have any sound related issues and call quality really good. I have set up as:

I have Modem/Telo/Router...I have Cable internet connection (TimeWarner). I cycled both with no improvement. It sounds like a really bad cell phone connection...choppy with static.

I have another handset that I may hook up to see if this handset is defective. Are there any things that could be causing interfernce with the handsets? I have an apple router and another 5.0 mhz phone system hooked up.

Is your handset very clear and quality is good when making and receiving calls?
I also have 2 apple routers in wds. I have connected panasonic 6.0 dect and Telo hand set. Call quality is good when making and receiving on telo handset..

Just to test, disconnect your 5.0 mhz phone and try the handset for making calls and see will this help.
Hub/Scout
Telo/2 Handsets
2 Lynxes

Lifetime Premier Member

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:44 am

photorob wrote:I am having same problems with the battery indicator I had plugged in for one week still shows low. The handset constantly shows Software update loading but never loads any ideas.
Did you try the third bullet point in this post? - http://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 660#p33392

tesla2

Post by tesla2 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:46 am

PROBLEMS: RANGE, DISPLAY

For me there are two main problems with the handset. I am running the latest firmware.

1. Range is totally unsatisfactory. I live in a 4000 sq ft house with lath and plaster walls. My two line Panasonic 5.8 ghz phone works fine throughout the house and yard. When I walk around the house with the Telo handset, speech becomes intermittently garbled, even though the handset shows 2 bars of signal strength. Not so with the Panasonic.

2. The display on the Telo handset is terrible....very low contrast and very small fonts. There seems to be enough screen real-estate to make the fonts bolder/larger. Screen contrast is horrible. Is there a control for screen contrast that I have not found?

Otherwise, I'm satisfied, but I don't know if I want to risk a 30 day trial while waiting to see if these problems are addressed.
Last edited by tesla2 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.