Problems calling VT (area code 802)

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Dante R
Re: Problems calling VT (area code 802)

Post by Dante R » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:21 pm

Looking into it Kip.

Dante R

Post by Dante R » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:28 pm

Kip, looks like it should be fixed now. Please test and let me know your results.

Brooklyner

Post by Brooklyner » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:03 am

Hi, yes it seems to be fixed finally. Many thanks! I tried it last night and this time everything worked as normal. :D

Thanks again for your help.

farmington

Post by farmington » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:14 am

For the last few days, I am having the problem described above when calling my in-law's number in VT. (Just got the Ooma for Xmas. Have not ever gotten through to them using Ooma, but my cell and landline do get through.) When I try to call my in-law's number in VT, either: 1) nothing happens at all (and the number does not ring in VT), or 2) there is a long wait -- 30 seconds -- ringing starts and then I get a busy signal. I am calling a number in Shoreham Telephone's service area in central Vermont.

murphy

Post by murphy » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:57 am

You will have to call customer support and give them the number that you can't call so they can investigate with their Vermont phone partner.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Dante R

Post by Dante R » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:07 am

farmington wrote:For the last few days, I am having the problem described above when calling my in-law's number in VT. (Just got the Ooma for Xmas. Have not ever gotten through to them using Ooma, but my cell and landline do get through.) When I try to call my in-law's number in VT, either: 1) nothing happens at all (and the number does not ring in VT), or 2) there is a long wait -- 30 seconds -- ringing starts and then I get a busy signal. I am calling a number in Shoreham Telephone's service area in central Vermont.
Having same problem from my hub to that number.

I've opened a trouble ticket with our upstream carrier.

farmington

Post by farmington » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:30 pm

Thanks, Dante. I tried two other Vermont numbers today, in Middlebury and Cabot, and neither works. Its more than just Shoreham Telephone. Thanks again!

MCSFIP

Post by MCSFIP » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:33 pm

Since at least 12/25 I have been unable to call my brother using my telo in the 802 area code. I hear the dialing and after a pause get a fast bsy signal. I can call him with my cell phone and he can call my telo Phone number. I know from call logs that I had been able to call him prior to that. I am calling from Palm Springs 760 area code to Wilmington VT.

farmington

Post by farmington » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:35 am

Dante R wrote:
farmington wrote:For the last few days, I am having the problem described above when calling my in-law's number in VT. (Just got the Ooma for Xmas. Have not ever gotten through to them using Ooma, but my cell and landline do get through.) When I try to call my in-law's number in VT, either: 1) nothing happens at all (and the number does not ring in VT), or 2) there is a long wait -- 30 seconds -- ringing starts and then I get a busy signal. I am calling a number in Shoreham Telephone's service area in central Vermont.
Having same problem from my hub to that number.

I've opened a trouble ticket with our upstream carrier.
I placed a call to my in-laws in VT this morning. Call went through. Great quality! Thanks, Dante and Ooma!

MCSFIP

Post by MCSFIP » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:28 am

I was able to call brother in 802 area code Sunday as well