Email notification of voicemail

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
snuballer7
Email notification of voicemail

Post by snuballer7 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:39 pm

When I'm setting up my voicemail preferences online, under forwarding and notifications, I have entered my email address and choose "yes" on the include attachment section. However, when I click save and it ads the email address the button automatically switches to "no". If it matters, I'm adding a hotmail account. Has anyone else had this problem? Please advise. Thanks.

GearGuy

Re: Email notification of voicemail

Post by GearGuy » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:13 am

Hello
I have also experienced issues with this feature and have posted here: http://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 010#p33010

I just recently tried adding an email address to the list and it worked correctly. So they may have just completed correcting our issues? You may want to try again.

snuballer7

Post by snuballer7 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:10 am

Thanks for the reply. I just tried deleting and readding my email address with the "YES" include attachments. After choosing save the yes again changed to no. Still don't think it is fixed, you just must have gotten lucky. This is pretty frustrating!!!

Clicktor

Post by Clicktor » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:48 am

I have the same problem. Looks like the system won't accept more than one email forwarding that includes an attachment. But the page seems buggy, so this may just be a programming problem with the page. Hope they fix it soon, since we need to have email attachments forwarded to 2 different email accounts.

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:19 am

Clicktor wrote:I have the same problem. Looks like the system won't accept more than one email forwarding that includes an attachment. But the page seems buggy, so this may just be a programming problem with the page. Hope they fix it soon, since we need to have email attachments forwarded to 2 different email accounts.
This is pretty easy to work around with most email providers, using filters & email forwarding rules. Let Ooma send it to one address and then set your email account to forward it to as many different addresses as you like.

GearGuy

Post by GearGuy » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:38 pm

Groundhound wrote:
Clicktor wrote:I have the same problem. Looks like the system won't accept more than one email forwarding that includes an attachment. But the page seems buggy, so this may just be a programming problem with the page. Hope they fix it soon, since we need to have email attachments forwarded to 2 different email accounts.
This is pretty easy to work around with most email providers, using filters & email forwarding rules. Let Ooma send it to one address and then set your email account to forward it to as many different addresses as you like.
But they still have the problem that the attachment won't be attached because Yes keeps reverting back to No.
So far the settings discussed in my thread mentioned above have remained put but I was able to get them to stick in a very round-about way.

gavnet

Post by gavnet » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:34 am

I am having the same issue. I called in last week and the agent told me that there was nothing wrong, and that the problem must be my PC. After going round and around the agent asked me for my password... I explained that I do not give out my password and that they should never ask for it. Then he told me that there was nothing he could do for me since I would not cooperate. I asked for a supervisor or a higher tier and he hung up on me.

I called back and got another agent that told me that they were aware of the problem and it would be fixed by the end of the day. I checked today and the same thing. Every time I set a new email address with the YES button selected it changes to NO. I am going to call back when they open today. :x

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:29 am

Try logging out of my.ooma, then log back in and make the change. Log back out and back in again to see if the setting is still there.

bw1

Post by bw1 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:30 pm

Yes, there is definitely a problem with this. If you add a second email notification, it will revert back to "No" after you save and revert the first email notification to "No", so you lose your original setting.

As pointed out above there is another thread on this: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4558

In it, Bobby acknowledges an issue and it's being addressed by Ooma.

VPM

Post by VPM » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:12 pm

OOMA has not addressed this Email Notification problem, and I am seriously considering dropping this thing. I have been trying to get this thing to work as advertised since Oct 3, 2009. FIRST THERE WAS NO SOUND = NEW TELOS SHIPPED AFTER HOURS HASSLES TO ATTEMPT TO FIX. It doesn't route to VM on the selected ring setting; no fix or workaround. Now the email can't be changed to send the VM messages to my selected email address, also. It did work fine, then no -- :!: WHAT PROBLEM WILL I RUN INTO NEXT??