$99 Ooma Premier extended for current Ooma Hub customers

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
ajw522
Re: $99 Ooma Premier extended for current Ooma Hub customers

Post by ajw522 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:31 pm

tivoboy wrote:how did some people get a SIX MONTH premier trial?
Costco was and still is offering a special on the Hub/Scout "Core" Combination on costco.com. With the purchase of the ooma for $229 you get $50 international credit and SIX MONTHS of premier trial.
Customer since August 2009
Hardware: Core Telo w/ HD2 Handset;2 ooma Hubs
Lifetime Premier Subscription
iPhone 7 Plus w/Ooma Mobile App
Internet: AT&T U-Verse 50Mbps

allo

Post by allo » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:33 pm

funone46 wrote:This sucks. Just called to upgrade to lifetime and was told there was no telo, port or 3 year warranty included. I was told nothing was included with lifetime. Any help would be nice

Call again and ask again...

This is what a Moderator posted to clarify the Premier Life Option as far as the Hardware and the 3 YR Warranty:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3581&start=20
Re: Ooma Lifetime Premier

Postby Dennis P » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:05 am
Let me clarify (hopefully) a few things regarding the Lifetime plan:

* It extends your warranty to three years. This way you get at least 3 years of service on your investment (if you bought the plan at the same time as the hardware). The warranty only covers the original hardware that the plan was bought under.

* It is tied to the hardware. If your hardware fails after 3 years, we'll be happy to transfer it to another device of the same model. You cannot, however, transfer the plan to a different model of hardware UNLESS explicitly allowed by an upgrade plan (like what we did for Hub owners when we introduced Telo).

* It will be available for purchase at least through the end of the year. We don't plan to keep it around indefinitely.

* Users who are currently in a Premier subscription cannot purchase additional years or upgrade to Lifetime today, but will be able to do so in the near future. We will post in the forums when this function is available.

If anyone has bought the lifetime plan in the past few days based on any mis-information here or from our customer service agents, we'll gladly refund your money. Just PM me and I'll take care of you.

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

CALL Again and mention the Moderator posting... plus it doesn't really matter; because when it comes to the warranty : it is all the same regardless of what the CS said - (inexperienced probably)- it is 3 year period!

If you want the Life Option... grab it now, because it may be gone by the end of the year!

Last edited by allo on Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

southsound

Post by southsound » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:56 pm

Actually, that moderator, Dennis P, is Dennis Peng - Dennis is the vice president of product management and technical advisory board member of Ooma and is responsible for creating an intuitive, compelling user experience.

You could not have heard it from a better source - and the great thing is that Dennis is a regular contributor to the forum. :cool:
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

oldanbo

Post by oldanbo » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:13 pm

Okay, I have to admit, I have not followed this thread much. IMHO it has started to sound like a bunch of whiners. In fact (again IMHO) more than one thread on the forums is sounding like a bunch of "the world owes me" or "I'm entitled" crap. :x

What more does ooma owe the world? Beta testers especially. We have exactly what was promised and they don't owe us anything beyond what was advertised. I am not employed by ooma, in fact I am retired, don't own stock in ooma, unless it's through a mutual fund that I don't know about. And if anyone has noticed my posts, I do have some gripes about the Telo handset..

So, having said that. I do wonder if there is a "special" for current Premium subs.

If not, I can live with that.

To the rest of the subscriber base(myself included) I can only say "deal with it and get over it". Enjoy the product(s) that these people are providing to us and busting their a--ses to improve.

I haven't had a phone bill for at least 6 months, how about the rest of you?

Rant off,
Dan

funone46

Post by funone46 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:52 am

oldanbo wrote:Okay, I have to admit, I have not followed this thread much. IMHO it has started to sound like a bunch of whiners. In fact (again IMHO) more than one thread on the forums is sounding like a bunch of "the world owes me" or "I'm entitled" crap. :x

What more does ooma owe the world? Beta testers especially. We have exactly what was promised and they don't owe us anything beyond what was advertised. I am not employed by ooma, in fact I am retired, don't own stock in ooma, unless it's through a mutual fund that I don't know about. And if anyone has noticed my posts, I do have some gripes about the Telo handset..

So, having said that. I do wonder if there is a "special" for current Premium subs.

If not, I can live with that.

To the rest of the subscriber base(myself included) I can only say "deal with it and get over it". Enjoy the product(s) that these people are providing to us and busting their a--ses to improve.

I haven't had a phone bill for at least 6 months, how about the rest of you?

Rant off,
Dan
I am not a whiner, I have been saving $90 a month since April. So the system has paid for itself over and over already. I would like the same offer as others are getting and thats all. If the offer of the telo or port is a mistake so be it. I will not get rid of OOMA. They have been great and the support from Dennis and Bobby could not be better. I hope some day they go public with a stock offering.
Ooma customer since Febuary 2009 - savings so far $ 1000.00
Ooma hardware Hub/Scout
LIFETIME PREMIER MEMBER

Nadershaah

Post by Nadershaah » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:51 pm

ajw522 wrote:If you buy the core unit today,as long as the place you are buying from (like Amazon) has the CORE unit in stock, you will not be paying the Regulatory Recovery Fee. Basically, ooma's policy is what the box says is what you get. I bought a core unit about 1 week ago from Amazon as well, so I know for a fact that you get FULL caller id (new telos only get caller-id number in the basic package) and here is NO RRF. Get the core while places still have it in stock - once they are all sold out, you have to pay the RRF! So get it while you can. :!:

Let me know if you have any more questions. You can PM me.

Alex
Today i was at Costco and the post a sheet of paper next to ooma core system that said" Customer will pay " Recovery fee" No matter what. It says that the charge is a goverment fee so ALL OOMA USERS WILL BE CHARGED whether you buy now or later. So why ooma emplyees (also twice on the phone) LIE TO CUSTOMERS. I guess the want more revenue. IT IS A SHAME IF IT'S TRUE WHICH APPARENTLY IS.

southsound

Post by southsound » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:00 pm

Nadershaah wrote:
ajw522 wrote:If you buy the core unit today,as long as the place you are buying from (like Amazon) has the CORE unit in stock, you will not be paying the Regulatory Recovery Fee. Basically, ooma's policy is what the box says is what you get. I bought a core unit about 1 week ago from Amazon as well, so I know for a fact that you get FULL caller id (new telos only get caller-id number in the basic package) and here is NO RRF. Get the core while places still have it in stock - once they are all sold out, you have to pay the RRF! So get it while you can. :!:

Let me know if you have any more questions. You can PM me.

Alex
Today i was at Costco and the post a sheet of paper next to ooma core system that said" Customer will pay " Recovery fee" No matter what. It says that the charge is a goverment fee so ALL OOMA USERS WILL BE CHARGED whether you buy now or later. So why ooma emplyees (also twice on the phone) LIE TO CUSTOMERS. I guess the want more revenue. IT IS A SHAME IF IT'S TRUE WHICH APPARENTLY IS.
Nice attitude. Too bad you don't have the correct information. The unit sold at Costco stores is NOT the core package. It is a hub only package for $199 that is not covered by the same TOS as the core package that includes a hub and a scout. The core package is sold at Amazon, Best Buy, Costco.com (not the same as the B&M Costco stores) and others. Another comment is that somehow the recovery fee goes into the ooma coffers - it does not. What ooma is doing is paying the fee for those who have the core system - and for the first year of any system purchased.

So why do you distrust the manufacturer who is giving you the straight scoop? Maybe you have been misled by some companies, but ooma is NOT one of them.

In case you are wondering, I do not work for ooma. Something about the minimum height requirement and raccoons just are not that tall.

Edit: just a thought. If you are posting here it means you have purchased an ooma system. If you bought the one from Costco for $199 with just the hub, you might want to take it back and buy the hub and scout (covered under the old TOS) from a store like Buy.com who is offering the package for just a dollar more: $200. I love Costco. Many times they offer a great price. Other times, not so much. The scout allows you full access to Premier features like instant second line, a second number, etc. Of course, Premier is a paid upgrade in service. But for about $10 a month it is a great value. And the scout works great with just the basic service too.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

MWPollard

Post by MWPollard » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:19 am

To those in trials -

If you subscribe before your trial is expired, the subscribed year will extend your subscription, not replace it. You will not lose your remaining trial time. You don't need to wait until the last day of your trial before subscribing.

If at some point you plan to move to Telo and get Premier at that time, you would be advised to get Premier now under the current pricing, and the Lifetime membership would be even better. All Telo subscriptions are $120/yr, but existing subscriptions will transfer.

funone46

Post by funone46 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:10 pm

I was told when I went to sign up for lifetime I would lose my original $99 I paid in April. The cs rep assured me it would available in april when my current premier runs out
Ooma customer since Febuary 2009 - savings so far $ 1000.00
Ooma hardware Hub/Scout
LIFETIME PREMIER MEMBER

whn

Post by whn » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:17 pm

funone46 wrote:I was told when I went to sign up for lifetime I would lose my original $99 I paid in April. The cs rep assured me it would available in april when my current premier runs out
it would be nice if they gave us the $99 towards the lifetime payment