Call Waiting never-ending tone

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
av8rdude
Call Waiting never-ending tone

Post by av8rdude » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:17 pm

Several times my ooma system has entered a never-ending loop of the call waiting tone. This has happened when someone else answers the call on another scout and when the call has been ignored.
Today it happened during a conference call and I had to listen to the tone every 10 seconds for the final 20 minutes of the call.

Anyone else experience this?
Scott

WayneDsr

Re: Call Waiting never-ending tone

Post by WayneDsr » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:08 pm

Yes, it happened to me today. I answered the phone on my scout when my wife was on the hub phone. It continued until she finished her conversation. Have to figure out how to fix this.
Panasonic kxtg1033s 3 phone system 6.0

Wayne

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:18 pm

Since you both mention you have Scouts in use, your Hubs should be plugged into your home phone wiring. Do you have active service on the phone line? If so, is it configured to forward calls to your ooma, or vice versa?

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:33 pm

YES I have landline on the phone line that the Hub (wall) is connected to.
YES I have ooma setup to forward (multi-ring) to my landline (in case my network goes down. (had network problems for awhile).

Wayne

av8rdude

Post by av8rdude » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:31 pm

I do NOT have active service on the line. But I do have the hub "phone" and "wall" connections on the entire house via my alarm system. I have two scouts.
If having the hub "phone" on the entire house is the problem...I can fix that easily.
Scott