How do I get my calls to stop saying Ooma in the receiver's

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
VicMatson
How do I get my calls to stop saying Ooma in the receiver's

Post by VicMatson » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:58 pm

How do I get my calls to stop saying Ooma in the receiver's caller ID? I'm getting tired of explaining it to everyone.

Leeway

Re: How do I get my calls to stop saying Ooma in the receiver's

Post by Leeway » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:03 pm

If you are talking about the Ooma musical tones. You need to log into your account on My.Ooma.com and turn off the connection sound. It is in your account pages and up to you to turn it off. Just sign in and look on the left side for all the various options you can choose.

Donna

timzebra

Post by timzebra » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:03 pm

Mine is disabled but the music still plays. I don't think it works correctly or there is a bug in the software.

hpepper

Post by hpepper » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:31 pm

VicMatson wrote:How do I get my calls to stop saying Ooma in the receiver's caller ID? I'm getting tired of explaining it to everyone.
Actually, I think VicMatson is talking about CallerID when they call other people - it shows "Ooma Inc." on the receivers Caller ID... Is this correct correct VicMatson?

If so, you have to call Ooma Customer Service.

On the other hand, timzebra is probably talking about the Ooma dial tone - that is, when they pick up the receiver to make a call, they here Ooma music at the beginning of the dialtone - That cannpt be changed. It is there mainly to remind you if you are on the Ooma line vs. an integrated line - so you can tell which one. it also reminds you you are making a free call.

You can actually start dialing as soon as you pick up the receiver - you don't have to wait for the music to change to dialtone before starting to dial.

Leeway

Post by Leeway » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:55 pm

timzebra wrote:Mine is disabled but the music still plays. I don't think it works correctly or there is a bug in the software.

The Ooma music will always play to you when you dial out but if you disable it in My.Ooma.Com the person you are calling will not hear it.

Call yourself from a cell phone or another phone, if you don't hear it then it is successful and you have it off.

Donna

Leeway

Post by Leeway » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:59 pm

hpepper wrote: Actually, I think VicMatson is talking about CallerID when they call other people - it shows "Ooma Inc." on the receivers Caller ID... Is this correct correct VicMatson?

I believe you are right hpepper. I saw the words "saying Ooma" and took it to be the sound.

Donna

VicMatson

Post by VicMatson » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:16 pm

hpepper wrote:
VicMatson wrote:How do I get my calls to stop saying Ooma in the receiver's caller ID? I'm getting tired of explaining it to everyone.
Actually, I think VicMatson is talking about CallerID when they call other people - it shows "Ooma Inc." on the receivers Caller ID... Is this correct correct VicMatson?

If so, you have to call Ooma Customer Service.

On the other hand, timzebra is probably talking about the Ooma dial tone - that is, when they pick up the receiver to make a call, they here Ooma music at the beginning of the dialtone - That cannpt be changed. It is there mainly to remind you if you are on the Ooma line vs. an integrated line - so you can tell which one. it also reminds you you are making a free call.

You can actually start dialing as soon as you pick up the receiver - you don't have to wait for the music to change to dialtone before starting to dial.
Sorry, away for the holiday, but yes(it shows "Ooma Inc) that is what bothers me. My port happens on 12/01/09 so I'll see if it persists.

Leeway

Post by Leeway » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:54 pm

VicMatson wrote: Sorry, away for the holiday, but yes(it shows "Ooma Inc) that is what bothers me. My port happens on 12/01/09 so I'll see if it persists.
When your port is completed, yes it will change. But, it may not be instant. Sometimes after the port it takes a day or two. It will be your name then. That's how mine was.

Donna

VicMatson

Post by VicMatson » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:39 pm

Thanks!

onduty

Post by onduty » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:03 pm

I've had Ooma for several days now and my phone appears as "Ooma, Inc" when I call family.