Force calls on landline

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
bmoraes
Force calls on landline

Post by bmoraes » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:19 pm

In some cases I need to have a certain call routed via my landline. I already learned in other topics that currently this cannot be done (for example, via a key combination).

Two questions if someone knows:

a) is this a planned feature? Any idea of timeline?

b) Would it be possible to leave one phone set connected directly to the phone line (and not to an ooma hub/scout) in order to force the routing this way? (Just like TiVo or cable boxes are connected)

Thanks, Bruno

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Re: Force calls on landline

Post by Bobby B » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:22 am

If you're using ooma with a landline, by default all your local calls on the single line will go out your landline. Long distance calls will go over the ooma network.

Right now there are no plans to implement the ability to force all calls out the landline (unless there's an obvious power/internet outage). Is there a reason you were looking for this functionality?
Bobby B

jack_bauer

Post by jack_bauer » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:08 pm

Does anyone know what will happen if a phone is connected directly through a landline and not a ooma scout?

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:57 pm

I don't know if you are using the setup "ooma with a landline" or "ooma without a landline".
I am using "ooma without a landline" and have a landline on a non-ooma phone jack. Works as a totally separate phone in/out.

Wayne

jack_bauer

Post by jack_bauer » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:28 am

I'm using ooma with a landline.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:49 am

If you plug a regular phone into the wall with an active landline, you'll just get regular dialtone.

BTW, big fan of the show! :D Nice that they finally got out of LA this season.
jack_bauer wrote:Does anyone know what will happen if a phone is connected directly through a landline and not a ooma scout?
Bobby B

jack_bauer

Post by jack_bauer » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:52 pm

I don't know about that, LA was pretty cool. I live in LA and I was a able to recognize most of the places in the show. Thanks for the info. I thought plugging in a phone directly to a phone jack (and not an ooma scout) would mess something up.

Soundjudgment

Post by Soundjudgment » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:25 am

Well, they got out of many of the Exterior locations for this season of the show to give it that 'DC' flavor. Kiefer, and certain cast members where brought over to DC back in October 2007 (you'll notice the trees are not bare of their green leaves) to film some of the DC (and Georgetown) street scenes shown in this season's episodes, a year and a half later. Most of the interior sets they film in are still LA-location related, including the White House office and FBI Building set-interiors. ;)
ooma customer since December 2008
ooma hardware: core (hub/scout) and Telo
Premier, Lifetime Member
<< The following line intentionally left blank >>

jack_bauer

Post by jack_bauer » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:46 pm

oh wow, that's interesting.