$99 Ooma Premier extended for current Ooma Hub customers

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
mhowie
Re: $99 Ooma Premier extended for current Ooma Hub customers

Post by mhowie » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:29 pm

So...for the current Premier user covered under the terms below:

# Current Ooma Core Users
a. No changes to your current feature set including voice mail.
b. No annual regulatory recovery fee will be charged.

# Current Ooma Premier Users
a. No changes to your current feature set.
b. No annual regulatory recovery fee will be charged.
c. If you are paying monthly for Premier, your monthly price will change to $9.99 from $12.99.
d. If you wish to buy an additional year of Premier at $99.99, you have until 12/31/09.

The only "loss" by not renewing a Premier package would be the loss of these features?:

https://www.ooma.com/premier/features

I'm debating whether to extend my Premier account additional years, get on board the Lifetime bandwagon, or simply revert back to the "standard package" after my current Premier subscription expires.

Thanks for the thoughts,
--Howie

dsinternet

Post by dsinternet » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:19 pm

I am new to ooma and was reading about the Lifetime Premier. It sounds interesting. My trial of Premier ends in about 21 days. I have a Telo and one handset. I am debating if I should sign up for Premier. If I stay with the basic service I still get basic things like Voice Mail, Caller ID, and Call waiting (is this correct?) Signing up for the Premier would give me the second phone line that I always wanted.

Can a new Telo user get the Lifetime Premier?

Does the Lifetime Premier mean the lifetime of the account; that is will I still have a Premier account after 10 years with the same ooma account?

Thanks for your help.

scoutconnor

Post by scoutconnor » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:16 pm

dsinternet wrote:I am new to ooma and was reading about the Lifetime Premier. It sounds interesting. My trial of Premier ends in about 21 days. I have a Telo and one handset. I am debating if I should sign up for Premier. If I stay with the basic service I still get basic things like Voice Mail, Caller ID, and Call waiting (is this correct?) Signing up for the Premier would give me the second phone line that I always wanted.

Does the Lifetime Premier mean the lifetime of the account; that is will I still have a Premier account after 10 years with the same ooma account?

Thanks for your help.
Ooma Basic includes Voicemail and Caller ID (just the phone number itself). Call waiting is also included

dsinternet

Post by dsinternet » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:47 pm

scoutconnor wrote:
dsinternet wrote:I am new to ooma and was reading about the Lifetime Premier. It sounds interesting. My trial of Premier ends in about 21 days. I have a Telo and one handset. I am debating if I should sign up for Premier. If I stay with the basic service I still get basic things like Voice Mail, Caller ID, and Call waiting (is this correct?) Signing up for the Premier would give me the second phone line that I always wanted.

Thanks for your help.
Ooma Basic includes Voicemail and Caller ID (just the phone number itself). Call waiting is also included
Thanks for the information.

Does anyone know the answers to my Lifetime Premier questions?

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:53 pm

dsinternet wrote:Does anyone know the answers to my Lifetime Premier questions?
I think that it is the lifetime of the hardware.
That is the way that any lifetime subscription that I have ever had worked.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

funone46

Post by funone46 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:25 pm

Well called cs again ( 2nd try ) and today they took me from annual premier to core. They have not made it lifetime yet. Anyone know how long this takes?
Ooma customer since Febuary 2009 - savings so far $ 1000.00
Ooma hardware Hub/Scout
LIFETIME PREMIER MEMBER

MikeekiM

Post by MikeekiM » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:47 pm

It was immediate for me... I called their sales department and I was able to confirm on My Ooma before hanging up with them...
Customer Since: August 2009
Ooma Hardware: Ooma Telo (Original Legacy Hub/Scout Customer)
Ooma Service: Premier Lifetime (Since October 2009)

funone46

Post by funone46 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:02 am

MikeekiM wrote:It was immediate for me... I called their sales department and I was able to confirm on My Ooma before hanging up with them...
I thought it should be also. Just checked again this morning and still at core. And I did talk to sales this time. Looks like another call is in order today. Three times a charm ?
Ooma customer since Febuary 2009 - savings so far $ 1000.00
Ooma hardware Hub/Scout
LIFETIME PREMIER MEMBER

dsinternet

Post by dsinternet » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:40 am

murphy wrote:
dsinternet wrote:Does anyone know the answers to my Lifetime Premier questions?
I think that it is the lifetime of the hardware.
That is the way that any lifetime subscription that I have ever had worked.
It is my understanding that ooma will try to update its hardware every 2 or 3 years. So if I plan on updating my hardware in 3 or 4 years I would need to get a new Lifetime Premier. Does this sound correct?

Lifetime does sound nice for someone who has a nice system that they don't want to upgrade. But the Telo is no Hub, and I am looking forward to the next hardware update 2 or 3 years from now.

If the Lifetime subscription was on the account I would consider taking it.

MikeekiM

Post by MikeekiM » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:29 am

Here is what I know (and think) on the lifetime "transfer-ability":

1. If there is an offer to upgrade hardware (as with the hub/telo upgrade happening right now), then Ooma will allow the lifetime to be transferred to the new hardware. Not sure if this is for a limited time or not... But if you search these forums, you will see many threads where the moderators state that if you are a current white rabbit or hub owner moving to the telo, that they will transfer lifetime to the new box...

2. If your hardware breaks, and you buy a new box of the same model, then you can transfer the lifetime to the new box with no time limitation...

3. My guess (and it is only that) is that if your box breaks, and you wish to buy the same hardware, but it is not available/discontinued, I would hope that you could replace your hardware with the current model and still transfer it... But if the existing box is still available, then you would not be able to do so... Again...a complete guess here...

Let me make this 100% clear... I do not work for Ooma... I do not have any inside information from Ooma...

#1 and #2 were told to me over the phone by an Ooma customer service representative. #3 is my pure speculation.
Customer Since: August 2009
Ooma Hardware: Ooma Telo (Original Legacy Hub/Scout Customer)
Ooma Service: Premier Lifetime (Since October 2009)