Dennis P - Please give us an update on the handset issues

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
murphy
Re: Dennis P - Please give us an update on the handset issues

Post by murphy » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:42 am

sean wrote:without checking this forum, how does a person know that an update is available for the handset? and, how does a person get the update once they know it's available? TIA.
Updates are pushed to your equipment automatically. No action on your part is required.
They are usually done in the middle of the night so you don't see the lights start flashing and reboot your equipment because you assume that something is wrong.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

stocks22

Post by stocks22 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:32 am

Next week???? Why did all the advertising imply Telo sets, multiple, were part of the system if you cannot use them?

I also cannot use the network port on the Telo. I want my money back.

No updates on the web site is not good business. This Telo thing is a flash in the pan.

I just wasted $300.

First the updates were coming on Dec 4 and now next week? Then Ooma will have to work out MORE bugs.

I regret the purchase.

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:36 am

stocks22 wrote:I want my money back.
What's stopping you?

southsound

Post by southsound » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:49 am

stocks22 wrote:I also cannot use the network port on the Telo. I want my money back.
No updates on the web site is not good business. This Telo thing is a flash in the pan.
I just wasted $300.
I regret the purchase.
Such a positive person. Too bad that stocks22 doesn't listen or read very well. We told him what the home network port was for. He has an instruction sheet that shows how to hook things up. I think we have a person here who is very unqualified to own an ooma.

Please, if there is an adult in stocks22's home, please drive him/her to the store where the ooma was purchased and help this poor person obtain a refund. We're getting a little tired of the whining and useless comments! :P
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:06 pm

southsound wrote:Please, if there is an adult in stocks22's home, please drive him/her to the store where the ooma was purchased and help this poor person obtain a refund. We're getting a little tired of the whining and useless comments! :P
Ah, yes. Lack of a driver's license - I hadn't considered that. Poor stocks22, I'm sure we'll be treated to much wailing, threats, etc. when the 30 day trial period expires and no one has driven him/her to the store for a refund.

doug

Post by doug » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:03 pm

stocks22 wrote:Next week???? Why did all the advertising imply Telo sets, multiple, were part of the system if you cannot use them?
Evidently you have never seen software releases get delayed from the originally projected completion date? And that advertising campaigns must be scheduled in advance?
stocks22 wrote:I also cannot use the network port on the Telo.
I don't understand why your posts complain the home network port has no dialtone. Even if you didn't look at the quick start guide, by looking at it you should be able to tell it is a 8-pin network jack (RJ-45) and not a 4/6-pin telephone jack (RJ-11). It should not have any dial tone. The dial tone will be on the PHONE jack. A phone cord won't even fit in the home network jack correctly (it is too narrow).

The quickstart guide clearly shows in step 3 that phones are connected to the PHONE jack, and in step 2 the HOME NETWORK jack is used when placing the Telo between a broadband modem and a router (aka home network). When your broadband provider gives you an integrated modem/router, as in option 2B in the quick install, you never use the HOME NETWORK port at all. This is also true for those who prefer to place their Telo behind their router and configure their own QOS settings in their router. Option 2a is useful for the majority of users who can place the Telo between the modem and router (ie home network) so that the Telo can control the QOS for them with minimal effort needed.

If by "home network" you thought it meant any other phone jacks in your house, you either didn't look at the install instructions or did not understand them. The home network jack is for a (computer) network, not phones.
stocks22 wrote:I want my money back.
And what is stopping you?
stocks22 wrote:No updates on the web site is not good business.
That's nonsense. There is no need for any update on a web site, because as soon as ooma has a release ready, it is pushed to your Telo base and handset automatically. You don't need to do a thing, except that I think the handset may not update until it is in the cradle so it knows the power should remain available for the duration of the update.

Even if they did have an update on the web, how do you think you would install that on the Telo or handset? The simple fact is that you don't, nor do you need to. It is automagic.
stocks22 wrote:First the updates were coming on Dec 4 and now next week? Then Ooma will have to work out MORE bugs.
There is a software truism that states there is no such thing as software with no bugs. Only bugs which have not been discovered yet. As I recall, when Microsoft released Vista, they still had over 64 *thousand* known bugs they had documented which were not yet fixed. And those were just the ones they already knew about. :)

crizyal

Post by crizyal » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:18 am

stocks22 wrote:Next week???? Why did all the advertising imply Telo sets, multiple, were part of the system if you cannot use them?

I just wasted $300.

First the updates were coming on Dec 4 and now next week? Then Ooma will have to work out MORE bugs.

I regret the purchase.
OMG! Please stop whining. The Ooma is the next best thing since sliced bread! I am extremely impressed with the system. Everybody knows there will ALWAYS be bugs to work out and early adopters of tech are quite used to helping in the process of cutting teeth. I wouldn't sell my Ooma for $500.00 (unless I had another one in cue of coure ;) ) Thanks for all of the hard work on this system!

allo

Post by allo » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:47 am

I just wasted $300.

I regret the purchase.
How does one waste money when he wants it back... and will get it back, if he only stops whining and takes the product back to where he got it?
The sooner the better, for the whining to go away!