Placed call rings, answers, no voice

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
jmenear
Placed call rings, answers, no voice

Post by jmenear » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:40 pm

I just installed my new Ooma Hub unit. The one number I call most often has the following behavior:

I dial the number, it rings and the other side answers. However, neither side can hear the other. If it matters, this number happens to be on a rather old, rural phone system.

When the number calls me I do not have this problem.

Any ideas?

Groundhound

Re: Placed call rings, answers, no voice

Post by Groundhound » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:42 pm

If it's just to one number or exchange, but other calls are OK, you'll need to make a call to tech support. That kind of issue will need to be handled between Ooma and the carrier for that number.

jjlink

Post by jjlink » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:40 am

I just had the same issue, voicemail works fine when I call my ooma number from a land line however from AT&T Cingular I hear nothing out of ooma when voicemail answers. So its not a due to the carrier I think AT&T Wiresless is rather widespread ;)

jmenear

Post by jmenear » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:47 am

Thanks for the responses. I contacted support. I'll post back when I have a conclusion to the issue.

Jason

jjlink

Post by jjlink » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:12 pm

FYI - I figured out what was causing my issue. It was an answering machine that was still hooked-up to the line which I thought was disconnected causing the issue. The problem was not with ooma.

jmenear

Post by jmenear » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:59 am

I continue to have issues with this one number, though it is sporadic. Some of the various issues I have when calling the number:

- dead call: the call never rings or is busy - I just hear silence
- I get a recorded message along the lines of, "you do not have enough credit to place this call..."
- I get a recorded message, "the number you called is not available. please enter another number and press # "
- the call connects but the quality is terrible, much like a VoIP call that drops out
note: My Internet connection is 22MB/5MB and I have QoS set to dedicate Ooma as much bandwidth as possible.
- the call connects without a problem (quality is as expected)

I logged a few calls to support; the second call generated a support ticket stating that the call routing would be checked to this number. Case #CS-28423

Jason

jmenear

Post by jmenear » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:08 pm

No update on the support call. I'm disappointed in this, as I was told I'd be updated within one business day.

I called today for an update; put on hold for a few minutes and was told I'd be updated today. Still nothing.