$99 Ooma Premier extended for current Ooma Hub customers

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
dlong
Re: $99 Ooma Premier extended for current Ooma Hub customers

Post by dlong » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:47 pm

I'm debating whether to extend my Premier account additional years, get on board the Lifetime bandwagon, or simply revert back to the "standard package" after my current Premier subscription expires.
Same here.
d. If you wish to buy an additional year of Premier at $99.99, you have until 12/31/09.
Where do you you do this? No option exists for this in "My Ooma" settings.

-

funone46

Post by funone46 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:50 pm

You will need to call the sales dept.
Ooma customer since Febuary 2009 - savings so far $ 1000.00
Ooma hardware Hub/Scout
LIFETIME PREMIER MEMBER

Soundjudgment

Post by Soundjudgment » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:00 am

"* Users who are currently in a Premier subscription cannot purchase additional years or upgrade to Lifetime today, but will be able to do so in the near future. We will post in the forums when this function is available."

Waiting patiently...
ooma customer since December 2008
ooma hardware: core (hub/scout) and Telo
Premier, Lifetime Member
<< The following line intentionally left blank >>

MikeekiM

Post by MikeekiM » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:23 am

Soundjudgment wrote:"* Users who are currently in a Premier subscription cannot purchase additional years or upgrade to Lifetime today, but will be able to do so in the near future. We will post in the forums when this function is available."

Waiting patiently...
Why wait?
Customer Since: August 2009
Ooma Hardware: Ooma Telo (Original Legacy Hub/Scout Customer)
Ooma Service: Premier Lifetime (Since October 2009)

Soundjudgment

Post by Soundjudgment » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:58 am

"Why wait?"

I haven't yet seen that official posting from Ooma, telling us that Premium Hub owners currently paying on a yearly basis, can upgrade to Lifetime Premium... as we (at the same time) switch things over from a Hub account to a Telo account, and transfer the current Hub phone numbers over to the Telo. In other words I wish to do both at once.
ooma customer since December 2008
ooma hardware: core (hub/scout) and Telo
Premier, Lifetime Member
<< The following line intentionally left blank >>

dlong

Post by dlong » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:36 am

Okay. So, the current Premium subscription owner cannot now purchase another year for $99? In other words, it is now $119 for next year. Hey, it's Dec 5. What's the point of this thread? What is the real scoop? Am I supposed to call support or wait until Dec 31 is over to find out. Wow, talk about confusing. :cry:

sal826

Post by sal826 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:26 pm

First off let me make it clear this was MY fault.

I was really jazzed about the OOMA idea until a made my purchase and found out the HUB by itself will not include the voicemail free for life. I feel very idiotic because I researched this product and was expecting to receive the hub/scout combo and get the free voicemail for life (and $11 year fee). I specifically did not order the newer telo because I knew the older unit would be granfathered in. The worst part is that, for some reason I could not differenciate between the "Core" package and the "Hub" - I thought these were one in the same. So now I paid over $200 at Amazon for JUST the old hub and I do not get free VM and in addition must pay a $11 yearly fee. I just cannot help thinking this little detail was designed to confuse a perspective buyer (why else would someone JUST puchase the hub when the system was designed as a set)?

Anyway - if you're out there listening to me OOMA, I was really happy about my puchase until this mixup. If you could make an exception to my account, I would be one happy customer.

Sal

allo

Post by allo » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:17 pm

MikeekiM wrote:Here is what I know (and think) on the lifetime "transfer-ability":

1. If there is an offer to upgrade hardware (as with the hub/telo upgrade happening right now), then Ooma will allow the lifetime to be transferred to the new hardware. Not sure if this is for a limited time or not... But if you search these forums, you will see many threads where the moderators state that if you are a current white rabbit or hub owner moving to the telo, that they will transfer lifetime to the new box...

2. If your hardware breaks, and you buy a new box of the same model, then you can transfer the lifetime to the new box with no time limitation...

3. My guess (and it is only that) is that if your box breaks, and you wish to buy the same hardware, but it is not available/discontinued, I would hope that you could replace your hardware with the current model and still transfer it... But if the existing box is still available, then you would not be able to do so... Again...a complete guess here...

Let me make this 100% clear... I do not work for Ooma... I do not have any inside information from Ooma...

#1 and #2 were told to me over the phone by an Ooma customer service representative. #3 is my pure speculation.[/quote

ALL YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT LIFETIME PREMIER:
From Pg.10 of this thread:

Re: Ooma Lifetime Premier

Postby Dennis P » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:05 am
Let me clarify (hopefully) a few things regarding the Lifetime plan:

* It extends your warranty to three years. This way you get at least 3 years of service on your investment (if you bought the plan at the same time as the hardware). The warranty only covers the original hardware that the plan was bought under.

* It is tied to the hardware. If your hardware fails after 3 years, we'll be happy to transfer it to another device of the same model. You cannot, however, transfer the plan to a different model of hardware UNLESS explicitly allowed by an upgrade plan (like what we did for Hub owners when we introduced Telo).

* It will be available for purchase at least through the end of the year. We don't plan to keep it around indefinitely.

* Users who are currently in a Premier subscription cannot purchase additional years or upgrade to Lifetime today, but will be able to do so in the near future. We will post in the forums when this function is available.

If anyone has bought the lifetime plan in the past few days based on any mis-information here or from our customer service agents, we'll gladly refund your money. Just PM me and I'll take care of you.

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

feartheturtle

Post by feartheturtle » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:36 pm

sal826 wrote:First off let me make it clear this was MY fault.

I was really jazzed about the OOMA idea until a made my purchase and found out the HUB by itself will not include the voicemail free for life. I feel very idiotic because I researched this product and was expecting to receive the hub/scout combo and get the free voicemail for life (and $11 year fee). I specifically did not order the newer telo because I knew the older unit would be granfathered in. The worst part is that, for some reason I could not differenciate between the "Core" package and the "Hub" - I thought these were one in the same. So now I paid over $200 at Amazon for JUST the old hub and I do not get free VM and in addition must pay a $11 yearly fee. I just cannot help thinking this little detail was designed to confuse a perspective buyer (why else would someone JUST puchase the hub when the system was designed as a set)?

Anyway - if you're out there listening to me OOMA, I was really happy about my puchase until this mixup. If you could make an exception to my account, I would be one happy customer.

Sal
Keep the faith Sal,

First, let me say welcome to the forums. If you spend some time here you will see that there are many people who will share their knowledge and experience to help Ooma users overcome the challenges associated with eliminating the monthly phone bill. Most people will find a degree of satisfaction here if they are a bit patient and have an open mind to new technology.

OK - to answer you question / request, take a look at this blog posting October - - > http://www.ooma.com/blog/2009/10/21/fre ... oma-users/

Finally, do some research about the Ooma scout. If you really need this feature perhaps Amazon will work with you? They usually provide "better than average customer service" to their customers. If your hub is working well (why tempt fate by returning something that works?) then you might look for a scout on eBay, generally for the cost of one month's bill with Verizon or ______??

Good luck with your Ooma experience!

allo

Post by allo » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:11 pm

sal826 wrote:First off let me make it clear this was MY fault.

Sal
I would return the Hub and order the complete package: Hub and scout.... It is iffy at best to expect OOMA to make an exception re: the hot topic of what is free and what is not!
It may cost about $10 shipping... but it is worth it in the long run, plus you will have time to get the Premier if planning to, at $20 off before 2010.
I would make arrangement with Amazon for the return first, then immediately order the Hub-Scout if financially possible... because of time constraint.
I would also buy an extended warranty for 2-3 years if not planning on buying Lifetime Premier... it is well worth it after the Ooma warranty expires - because the Hub failure after 1 year is starting to become an issue... and it costs less than $50.

Good Luck.