Pulsating buzz for incoming calls w/Telo+integrated landline

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
laill1
Re: Pulsating buzz for incoming calls w/Telo+integrated landline

Post by laill1 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:35 am

Same problem here with the incoming calls pulsing and the loose connections in the back of the unit. I am also getting random incoming calls that say unknown name unknown number and when I answer the phone I hear a dial tone. These phantom calls kept coming in last night at 3:00 a.m. every few minutes and that is when I had enough and called customer support today but the guy could not help. I will try to PM Dennis as well. Anyone else have this problem with the phantom calls?

dustydaniels

Post by dustydaniels » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:02 pm

After over three weeks of reporting the buzzing noice on my landline to ooma and requesting the three prong power adapter that reportetly corrected the SAME problem with the Hub device, (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=574) I have received the following e-mail. I hope this helps everyone else experiencing the problem.

Greetings Mr. XXX! We are writing this letter as a confirmation for you that we already have communicated with our engineers regarding ticket number CS-21348. Based on the troubleshooting steps that have been done, we have determined that the buzzing noise on the line is caused by the non 3-pronged power adapter and as such, we will need to replace the adapter for the line to be clear and free of noise. We will update you thru your email address when we already have the tracking number for your replacement. We apologize for any delay that you may have experienced in dealing with this issue. Rest assured that we will strive further to give our customers prompt response. Thank you for your time and have a great day!

Sincerely yours,
Ooma Customer Support

crizyal

Post by crizyal » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:49 am

I have the same problem with the phantom calls (unknown CID). I still have my landline integrated as I am in process of porting my number. I am curious if people are getting these phantom calls only when having a landline also connected? I also sent Customer Service an email regarding the noisy incoming calls and requested a new 3 prong power adapter. Thank you for passing that info along :)

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:30 am

The phantom call problem with some landlines is due to a signal sent by the phone switch when voicemail service is enabled on the landline. We have a fix in the current beta version. You can remove voicemail from the landline or PM me if you want to test the fix.

dustydaniels

Post by dustydaniels » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:34 am

UPDATE: REPLACEMENT Telo arrived today w/identical 2 prong power cord. Based on previous e-mail (posted above) I was expecting only a 3 prong power cord. I installed the REPLACEMENT Telo and there in NO more buzzing on integrated landline. Problem FINALLY FIXED!!

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:42 am

Hello,

Thanks for the update! We're glad to hear your issue has been resolved.

FYI:
Power adapters for Telos only come in 2 prong. The 3 prongs are for hubs if there is an issue.

rbritton

Post by rbritton » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:10 pm

I have the exact same issues as sdub. buzzing sound but only with calls coming in on the landline. Also have lost caller id. any help with these appreciated.

bebop

Post by bebop » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:15 pm

I, too, have this constant buzz on the Telo handset. The other party does not hear it.

thomasg1

Post by thomasg1 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:28 am

I am also suffering from the "Buzz" problem and have had to tape the adapter plug to the back of the unit to keep it from falling out. Called tech support and after having me do some tests, they decided to send a new power adapter. I received it yesterday, and upon opening the box saw that it looks identical. Furthermore, it has the same part number (160-0113-100) as the old/existing adapter. I plugged it in and still hear the same static, although the plug seems to fit slightly better. Tried to call tech support again and just got music on hold for 10 minutes. :x

I'll try one more time to get this resolved through tech support, and if that doesn't resolve it I'm going back to Vonage and pay the extra $$$ for a clear line. :cry:

satienza

Post by satienza » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:33 am

I have the same problem with the static sound using Ooma Telo on incoming calls. No static on outgoing calls.