$99 Ooma Premier extended for current Ooma Hub customers

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
sal826
Re: $99 Ooma Premier extended for current Ooma Hub customers

Post by sal826 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:34 am

allo wrote:
sal826 wrote:First off let me make it clear this was MY fault.

I was really jazzed about the OOMA idea until a made my purchase and found out the HUB by itself will not include the voicemail free for life. I feel very idiotic because I researched this product and was expecting to receive the hub/scout combo and get the free voicemail for life (and $11 year fee). I specifically did not order the newer telo because I knew the older unit would be granfathered in. The worst part is that, for some reason I could not differenciate between the "Core" package and the "Hub" - I thought these were one in the same. So now I paid over $200 at Amazon for JUST the old hub and I do not get free VM and in addition must pay a $11 yearly fee. I just cannot help thinking this little detail was designed to confuse a perspective buyer (why else would someone JUST puchase the hub when the system was designed as a set)?

Anyway - if you're out there listening to me OOMA, I was really happy about my puchase until this mixup. If you could make an exception to my account, I would be one happy customer.

Sal
I would return the Hub and order the complete package: Hub and scout.... It is iffy at best to expect OOMA to make an exception re: the hot topic of what is free and what is not!
It may cost about $10 shipping... but it is worth it in the long run, plus you will have time to get the Premier if planning to, at $20 off before 2010.
I would make arrangement with Amazon for the return first, then immediately order the Hub-Scout if financially possible... because of time constraint.
I would also buy an extended warranty for 2-3 years if not planning on buying Lifetime Premier... it is well worth it after the Ooma warranty expires - because the Hub failure after 1 year is starting to become an issue... and it costs less than $50.

Good Luck.

Looks like the amazon.com seller will not take it back - does anyone here want to buy a barely used hub?

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:55 am

sal826 wrote:Looks like the amazon.com seller will not take it back - does anyone here want to buy a barely used hub?
Free voice mail was your issue, correct? Feartheturtle linked to this a few posts back, did you read it? http://www.ooma.com/blog/2009/10/21/fre ... oma-users/

feartheturtle

Post by feartheturtle » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:56 am

sal826 wrote: Looks like the amazon.com seller will not take it back - does anyone here want to buy a barely used hub?
Sal:

Unless you are going to get rid of Ooma altogether, why not purchase a scout from eBay? No one can guarantee a trouble free installation of the scout, but in theory any scout can be used with any hub. They do not need to be purchased as a pair. You should spend $30 - $50 for a scout on eBay. That will probably be a better deal financially then trying to sell your used hub and then purchasing a new core system.

One word of caution - hooking up a scout can be troublesome, especially if you have DSL service, or if the wiring in your house is old/incomplete. Also, many people report that calls made from a phone connected to the scout will have more static (interference - often only heard by the "non-Ooma" participant in the call).

Good luck.

sal826

Post by sal826 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:04 am

Groundhound wrote:
sal826 wrote:Looks like the amazon.com seller will not take it back - does anyone here want to buy a barely used hub?
Free voice mail was your issue, correct? Feartheturtle linked to this a few posts back, did you read it? http://www.ooma.com/blog/2009/10/21/fre ... oma-users/

Honestly that thread is still a little unclear. Does this mean I will still get free voicemail if I purchased JUST THE HUB? - this is my main concern. If thats true then I'm fine. Personally I really do not care about the scout (we use cordless phones anyway).

Can someone verify this? - thanks!!!

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:31 am

That article is titled "Free Voice Mail for All Ooma Users", and is written by Ooma's CMO. You'd need to get a letter by the CEO to go higher up the authority chain......

allo

Post by allo » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:56 am

I would return the Hub and order the complete package: Hub and scout.... It is iffy at best to expect OOMA to make an exception re: the hot topic of what is free and what is not!
It may cost about $10 shipping... but it is worth it in the long run, plus you will have time to get the Premier if planning to, at $20 off before 2010.
I would make arrangement with Amazon for the return first, then immediately order the Hub-Scout if financially possible... because of time constraint.
I would also buy an extended warranty for 2-3 years if not planning on buying Lifetime Premier... it is well worth it after the Ooma warranty expires - because the Hub failure after 1 year is starting to become an issue... and it costs less than $50.

Good Luck.

Looks like the amazon.com seller will not take it back - does anyone here want to buy a barely used hub?
I was under the impression it was bought from Amazon itself!
Try to talk to Amazon customer service... and see if they can put pressure on the seller! (is it a store or a private?... it would be more difficult with a private.)
Did they state clearly that there will be no return when you bought it? Final sale?
I would still try talking to Amazon CS.

sal826

Post by sal826 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:58 am

Groundhound wrote:That article is titled "Free Voice Mail for All Ooma Users", and is written by Ooma's CMO. You'd need to get a letter by the CEO to go higher up the authority chain......
You know I must be ether blind or very tired, but I did not see the "free voicmail for all" part.

dlong

Post by dlong » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:37 pm

d. If you wish to buy an additional year of Premier at $99.99, you have until 12/31/09.
Where do you you do this? No option exists for this in "My Ooma" settings.
Dang. having a really bad day.

Today, this "Premier at $99.99" option now showed up in My Ooma. Tried to purchase. And then it disappeared while I was trying. Bizarre to say the least. :shock: :shock:

Called support. Got bad echo. Call dropped. Called back. Calls keep dropping. Now, waiting for support to call back.

So, do you do this through My Ooma after all? I wish all this were as easy as back in March 2009! :o

dlong

Post by dlong » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:52 pm

Okay, I just got off the phone (Day #2) with Ooma support, Brian (very helpful) in Phillipines. There is NO $99.99 Premiere until 12/31/09 as stated in the Ooma’s Terms & Conditions. The terms and conditions are blatantly worng (not to mention confusing) are here:http://www.ooma.com/blog/2009/10/02/how ... customers/
How Ooma’s Terms & Conditions Affect Current, New Ooma Customers

https://www.ooma.com/blog/2009/10/02/ho ... customers/

Current Ooma Premier Users
a. No changes to your current feature set.
b. No annual regulatory recovery fee will be charged.
c. If you are paying monthly for Premier, your monthly price will change to $9.99 from $12.99.
d. If you wish to buy an additional year of Premier at $99.99, you have until 12/31/09.
So people, don't waste your time as I did bothering with this mess.

It looks like Lifetime Premiere is also NOT an option. I guess I will reevaluate Premiere when my current Premiere expires in April 2010. Not Grandfathered and not as happy as before, Bummer.
:|

feartheturtle

Post by feartheturtle » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:06 pm

dlong:
From my experience it is possible to buy the $99.99 yearly Premier Subscription while you are still in the 6 month free trial. If you wait until 2010 the yearly fee will be $120.00. You should call customer service and get this sorted out before the end of the month.

In our case we had ported our number first (at $39.99) and about three weeks ago we paid an additional $60.00 for the yearly subscription (thus we ended up with the free port with annual premier). Our subscription ends in March of 2011.

Good luck!