Lifetime Premier ? Mod. Help

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
funone46
Re: Lifetime Premier ? Mod. Help

Post by funone46 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:45 pm

Well it looks like it is on the way. They have charged my cc for the lifetime. :D
Ooma customer since Febuary 2009 - savings so far $ 1000.00
Ooma hardware Hub/Scout
LIFETIME PREMIER MEMBER

dsinternet

Post by dsinternet » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:37 pm

murphy wrote:
scoutconnor wrote:
Bobby B wrote:I'll ask our support team to take a look at what's the hold-up. Right now it's a very cumbersome process to upgrade to Lifetime Premier if you're already in an active Premier subscription.
Lifetime Premier is just Premier at the $99/year correct?
Not correct. It costs about $350 and includes a 3 year warranty (from date of purchase of the equipment) for the hardware.
Dennis P told me in an email on 12/2 that he expected their systems to be able to handle it by the end of next week. That would be the end of this week.
Does anyone know what happens after the 3 year warranty. Do you still have Premier? If you replace your hardware after 3 years, do you still have Premier? I want to know what you get after 3 years. What would make the Lifetime Premier end? If I have Lifetime and upgrade from the old system (lets say the Hub) to the new system (lets say the Telo) will I still have a Lifetime Premier account?
Its a lot of money to committ to a fairly new company that is having trouble with its handset. Even with the handset problems, I would be interested in the Lifetime if I knew I would have Premier for many years after the 3 year waranty.

allo

Post by allo » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:09 am

dsinternet wrote: Lifetime Premier is just Premier at the $99/year correct?
Not correct. It costs about $350 and includes a 3 year warranty (from date of purchase of the equipment) for the hardware.
Dennis P told me in an email on 12/2 that he expected their systems to be able to handle it by the end of next week. That would be the end of this week.

Does anyone know what happens after the 3 year warranty. Do you still have Premier? If you replace your hardware after 3 years, do you still have Premier? I want to know what you get after 3 years. What would make the Lifetime Premier end? If I have Lifetime and upgrade from the old system (lets say the Hub) to the new system (lets say the Telo) will I still have a Lifetime Premier account?
Its a lot of money to committ to a fairly new company that is having trouble with its handset. Even with the handset problems, I would be interested in the Lifetime if I knew I would have Premier for many years after the 3 year warranty.
If you do some search in the Forums you may find some answers somewhere...
From what I remember this issue was raised before and one of the OOMA Moderators, I believe it was Dennis P; clarified it.
In a nut shell :

The Lifetime Premier is tied to the hardware which is warranted for 3 years from date of purchase.

If the original equipment (or approved replacement) fails after 3 years, and the original equipment is no longer available and you are still around, Ooma will tell you what to replace it with to keep your Premier.

If you want to upgrade on your own you must get the OK of OOMA; otherwise Premier is no longer valid.

PS I think that should be spelled out by OOMA by sending a Notice of Rules/Agreement upon signing up for the Life P.
So far the only proof one has is his/her credit card payment.

jculp99

Post by jculp99 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:34 am

Well, this morning 12/9/09 my account reads, "Premier, Lifetime Subscription". Thanks Bobby B. ! :D

funone46

Post by funone46 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:28 am

Still waiting on mine :|
Ooma hardware Hub/Scout
LIFETIME PREMIER MEMBER

funone46

Post by funone46 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:02 pm

I wish this was done. I miss the blacklist and other features I had a few days ago :(
Ooma hardware Hub/Scout
LIFETIME PREMIER MEMBER

darkfallz

Post by darkfallz » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:47 am

im asking the administrator....i dont have a telo and my number is not available to port...what incentive can be offered to us that are in this position...otherwise we are left along the wayside.....have a great day

MadCityGuy

Post by MadCityGuy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:23 am

Okay, I'm a bit confused. I just got off the phone with Ooma and I asked to convert my annual premiere subscription to lifetime premiere. After being gone for quite a while, "Trent" said that he added lifetime premiere to my account but that it wouldn't occur until after my current annual subscription ends in May, 2010 and I won't be billed until then. I'm concerned that the information he told me doesn't seem to match what other people have reported, and I don't want to miss my opportunity to upgrade (I'm perfectly happy to pay my $349 now). Is there any way I can be sure that this gets handled properly?

murphy

Post by murphy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:28 am

Did you call the new phone number that is listed under change for your current subscription?
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

MadCityGuy

Post by MadCityGuy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:50 am

murphy wrote:Did you call the new phone number that is listed under change for your current subscription?
Actually I goofed and called the tech support number. BUT...when I look at my account it now says "Premier, Lifetime Subscription" so I'm less worried. I think the only question now is whether I'll get billed now or in May.