Caller ID name HAS NOT BEEN FIXED in 6 MONTHS

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
mjstallion
Caller ID name HAS NOT BEEN FIXED in 6 MONTHS

Post by mjstallion » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:06 pm

When I bought my ooma hub 8 months ago, I had an old phone number ported in, but when the port was complete it had someone else's name attached to it (not my own).

So I paid ooma the $12 or whatever it is to change the Caller ID Name. I was told it would take 5-10 days. It's been over six months now.

Initially I emailed ooma tech support about this, and they told me it can take up to 30 days to go in effect. Now they don't even answer my emails anymore. My last four emails to ooma techsupport have gone unanswered.

I've called ooma at least 15 times about this. The tech guys in the Philippines have no idea about anything. Their managers and supervisors are NEVER AVAILABLE, as has been noted several times on this board already.

Only 5 times have I encountered a tech support guy who seemed to have a clue. All the other ones told me I would get a call back by an "engineer" within 24-48 hours. Of course I have never once got a call back from ooma tech support.

I say that 5 times I have encountered a tech support guy with a clue, because instead of telling me they'd have someone call me they re-provisioned my phone, or at least they say they did. Of course nothing has changed, but what's in ooma's computer system.

According to ooma, my caller id name has been fixed. They have run "tests" and claim the caller id name has been changed. Well, it hasn't. I have tried calling eight different landlines across the country, and every single one of them has the old caller id name, the one that isn't even my name!

So I'm venting on this board because I have nowhere else to go....

bryanlyle

Re: Caller ID name HAS NOT BEEN FIXED in 6 MONTHS

Post by bryanlyle » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:32 am

10 months and waiting here and we are not alone. There are several people on this board that have been waiting for a while too.
follow me on twitter: @bryanlyle

southsound

Post by southsound » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:56 pm

Don't feel alone. My hub still comes up as unavaialable. Strange because my Telo was right on within 2 weeks. Go figure! :P
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

funone46

Post by funone46 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:36 am

Do not feel bad. I have been waiting longer. But it was out of OOMA'S long ago. Even the company that handles the caller ID has it correct in their system, but for some reason still comes up ooma. Must be a system clitch well beyond what ooma can do
Ooma customer since Febuary 2009 - savings so far $ 1000.00
Ooma hardware Hub/Scout
LIFETIME PREMIER MEMBER

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:30 am

I know very little about CNAM database propagation, but it sounds like a record can't be overwritten with new data. Perhaps it has to be cleared first - seems simplistic, but I'm a simple guy.

CougarForrest

Post by CougarForrest » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:57 am

I have the same problem with the incorrect caller id. Some one is asleep at the switch. I called many months ago to have the caller id changed. The person took my information and I waited and waited. Nothing happened. Then I called tech support back in October and I spoke with a technician in the US who was able to change my caller id in minutes and it took affect in less than an hour. Amazing. This nonsense calling the Phillipines so they can send an email to tech support for me. I can send an email.

From what I am reading on these posts all I can surmise is that Ooma may be in trouble. They are becoming like the big phone company. What happened to the calls and emails I use to receive back in 2008 when I signed up my first account. If Ooma cannot provide a basic level of service I see no point in continuing as a customer and may have to drop both of my accounts with them.

funone46

Post by funone46 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:28 pm

I feel it is not ooma's problem once they submit the info. I even checked with the company that handles the caller ID and they had it right to. So I am not too concerned about it. I am saving over $100 a month on phone service. :D
Ooma customer since Febuary 2009 - savings so far $ 1000.00
Ooma hardware Hub/Scout
LIFETIME PREMIER MEMBER

mjstallion

Post by mjstallion » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:50 am

CougarForrest wrote:I have the same problem with the incorrect caller id. Some one is asleep at the switch. I called many months ago to have the caller id changed. The person took my information and I waited and waited. Nothing happened. Then I called tech support back in October and I spoke with a technician in the US who was able to change my caller id in minutes and it took affect in less than an hour. Amazing. This nonsense calling the Phillipines so they can send an email to tech support for me. I can send an email.

What's the trick in getting a hold of a US technician?

wuffer

Post by wuffer » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:36 pm

I've had the same problem. I have called support 6 times and emailed at least 3 times and they still haven't fixed my outgoing caller id. I like he phone service but support after the sale is seriously flawed. I thought about buying the new ooma device for my mom, but the given their lack of support I guess we will stick with Vonage for her home phone service.