Problems with Telo handset - how do you reach Dennis P?

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
Jay521
Problems with Telo handset - how do you reach Dennis P?

Post by Jay521 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:38 pm

Sorry I had to give this it's own post since there are numerous posts with Telo handset issues. However, email seems to be down and I need to know the best way to get this information to Dennis P.

Dennis, please read the posts regarding all the issues with the Telo handset and advise. Mine is freezing up constantly and I have to unplug the battery in order to get it to work again.

Oremus

Handset Freeze

Post by Oremus » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:43 pm

Although the sound quality on my Telo Handset is very good, the handset will freeze sporadically. The backlight and button push sounds are functioning, however, the handset doesn't respond to any of the function or entry buttons. I too must unplug the battery in order to reset the Handset. This is after the firware update.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

tesla2

Re: Problems with Telo handset - how do you reach Dennis P?

Post by tesla2 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:26 pm

Same problem as you. Have to unplug the battery. Nothing else seems to work. I'm afraid we Telo-Handset users have been tricked into a pre-beta release of hardware/software.

bebop

Re: Handset freeze

Post by bebop » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:39 pm

My handset also freezes at times preventing me from pushing buttons to make a call, or use the menu. It seems to go away if left to its own, but very inconvenient.

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:56 pm

Sorry it took so long to weigh in on this thread. Not enough hours in the day...

Handset "freezing" may be exasperated if you are operating the handset near the limits of its range. We have a version that will go out shortly which should help boost the range (YMMV). In the meantime, try moving the handset closer to the base and see if that helps.

If you are operating the handset next to or well within the range of the Telo, then there may be a different problem. When the handset "freezes", is the time on the screen correct (or does it show a time in the past)? Do you ever see it say "Telo 100" instead of the normal home screen?

wtnixon

Post by wtnixon » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:38 pm

when you say a "new version," do you mean a new handset or new software? Mine's now doing the same thing now as well. Pulling the battery everyday, i'm starting feel like my house phone is blackberry! ;)
Last edited by wtnixon on Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:39 pm

I'm pretty sure he means software.

oldanbo

Post by oldanbo » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:56 pm

Groundhound wrote:I'm pretty sure he means software.
ditto grounhound.