second line installation

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
msfendt
second line installation

Post by msfendt » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:18 pm

ooma says that my second number has been ported but the number still works with my vonage device and it does'nt work with ooma.Set up is ooma hub wall to scout wall and phone plugged into phone port of scout. I get a dial tone and can switch between lines 1 and 2 but I can't receive calls on second number. Any help would be appreciated. Modem to ooma hub to vonage device to router, all has been working ok.

jmassimilla

Re: second line installation

Post by jmassimilla » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:01 am

How long ago was the port completed? Sometimes it can take 24 hours before it is completely functional.
Customer since Feb 2009
2 Hub/Scout
1 Telo/Handset
Lifetime Premier Subscriber

msfendt

Post by msfendt » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:27 pm

I contacted cust support, they told me I had to cancel vonage line for ooma device to recognize the number. I did that, vonage # now off and ooma not working with that #. The port was completed yesterday. Thanks for your help.

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:43 pm

msfendt wrote:I contacted cust support, they told me I had to cancel vonage line for ooma device to recognize the number. I did that, vonage # now off and ooma not working with that #. The port was completed yesterday. Thanks for your help.
That's only partially true. People who are on the Vonage system would not be able to reach you until your number was removed from the Vonage database. Other people should be able to reach you immediately.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

msfendt

Post by msfendt » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:25 pm

thanks for that info, I called the number with a cell phone and what appears to be an ooma recording came on asking me to enter my phone #, this seems to be an improvement but the phone still does not ring when that # is dialed. thanks

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:33 pm

msfendt wrote:thanks for that info, I called the number with a cell phone and what appears to be an ooma recording came on asking me to enter my phone #, this seems to be an improvement but the phone still does not ring when that # is dialed. thanks
Sounds like you need to set up your voice mail.
Pick up the phone connected to the ooma base and then push the play button.

msfendt

Post by msfendt » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:04 pm

I did that with both lines and they both go to voicemail of the same #. Seems that system is not recognizing the second # for some reason.

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:50 pm

msfendt wrote:I did that with both lines and they both go to voicemail of the same #. Seems that system is not recognizing the second # for some reason.
Did you create a personal device with the scout and assign a phone number to it?

If you did, and it still doesn't work, there were scouts shipped where the serial number on the bottom was the wrong serial number. In that case you have to call support to find out what the correct serial number of the scout is.

msfendt

Post by msfendt » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:43 pm

I have done this. Contacted cust support, created ticket for problem, said possible corrupt voicemail file? Thanks for your help.