Telo Handset Hold/Mute

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
2spirit
Telo Handset Hold/Mute

Post by 2spirit » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:52 am

New to Ooma and I am having a problem with the Telo handset. It worked fine initially, but now each time I begin to enter a phone number to make a call, it automatically mutes the microphone so that the recipient of the call cannot hear my voice. This also occurs on incoming calls. The screen reads "Hold" at the bottom left and "Mute" at the bottom right. I've rebooted the Telo base and reset the handset by pulling the battery, but nothing seems to return it to a usuable condition. Is there a menu option I am somehow missing? Anyone have any suggestions?

Otherwise I am quite happy with Ooma's performance, so I hope I can get this problem resolved!
Telo w/ 2 Ooma Handsets
Annual Premier Subscriber

oldanbo

Re: Telo Handset Hold/Mute

Post by oldanbo » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:43 pm

Go into menu/phone settings and make sure Autoanswer is set to off. See if that helps.

Regards,
Dan

2spirit

Post by 2spirit » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:16 pm

oldanbo wrote:Go into menu/phone settings and make sure Autoanswer is set to off. See if that helps.

Regards,
Dan
Thanks for the suggestion, Dan . . . autoanswer is OFF, so the solution must lie somewhere else. If I start by pressing the green call key, the phone mutes when I press the very first number of the phone number I am calling. If I enter the number first, then press the call key, the phone mutes when the call is picked up on the other end. It's as if the call was automatically being put on hold . . .
Telo w/ 2 Ooma Handsets

oldanbo

Post by oldanbo » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:42 pm

which firmware version is yours at? I'm not sure which is the most current.

2spirit

Post by 2spirit » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:09 pm

oldanbo wrote:which firmware version is yours at? I'm not sure which is the most current.
It's 31720 . . . says it's the latest version. I emailed support but have not gotten a response. Perhaps the time has come to give support a call. I'm still within about ten days or so of BB's return window. Plus it seems that I may be the only one experiencing this particular problem. If I can get through to them tomorrow, we'll see if they can solve my mystery. In the meantime, any more suggestions are certainly welcome!
Telo w/ 2 Ooma Handsets

oldanbo

Post by oldanbo » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:39 pm

2spirit wrote:
oldanbo wrote:which firmware version is yours at? I'm not sure which is the most current.
It's 31720 . . . says it's the latest version. I emailed support but have not gotten a response. Perhaps the time has come to give support a call. I'm still within about ten days or so of BB's return window. Plus it seems that I may be the only one experiencing this particular problem. If I can get through to them tomorrow, we'll see if they can solve my mystery. In the meantime, any more suggestions are certainly welcome!
Here's some fix numbers:

Release notes for firmware version 30716
Fixed 6203 - Some calls through handset start in mute mode

Release notes for firmware version 31227
Fixed 6582 - Handset starts in mute mode on incoming call with auto-answer off

According to this, you should not be experiencing this problem. I think it has something to due with Auto-answer and as a reach auto-hangup options. Just a guess and is that version shown on the handset or the Telo or both?
Tech support may be your best option.
Others may wish to opine

Regards,
Dan

southsound

Post by southsound » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:46 pm

oldanbo wrote: Others may wish to opine
Looks like someone else watches the Factor on Fox! :P
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

oldanbo

Post by oldanbo » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:15 pm

guilty as charged my friend! :)

2spirit

Post by 2spirit » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:31 am

oldanbo wrote:
2spirit wrote:
Here's some fix numbers:

Release notes for firmware version 30716
Fixed 6203 - Some calls through handset start in mute mode

Release notes for firmware version 31227
Fixed 6582 - Handset starts in mute mode on incoming call with auto-answer off

According to this, you should not be experiencing this problem. I think it has something to due with Auto-answer and as a reach auto-hangup options. Just a guess and is that version shown on the handset or the Telo or both?
Tech support may be your best option.
Others may wish to opine

Regards,
Dan
Firmware 31720 is listed on both telo base and handset .
Telo w/ 2 Ooma Handsets

2spirit

Post by 2spirit » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:09 am

A good news (?) update! Just as mysteriously as that muting behavior began, it has now ceased and the handset seems to have returned to normal function. :o I'll keep a close ear on it and should those nasties strike again, I still have a week or so to exchange at BB. Thanks for the suggestions and the info . . . in Ooma, I hope I have found that telcom LTR that I have been seeking!!!
Telo w/ 2 Ooma Handsets