Telo Disrupts DSL Network

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
codewarrior2
Telo Disrupts DSL Network

Post by codewarrior2 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:01 pm

Dear All,

I finally received my long-awaited Ooma Telo box last night. I went online to activate the box without any hiccups. Then I powered off my DSL modem and my router and put Telo between the modem and the router. All of the PPPoE login information were on the DSL modem and the router gets its WAN IP address from the DSL modem via DHCP. Then I powered up the system. After a few minutes, Telo apparently worked fine. I could receive call from Telo. I checked the router and it said it was connected. But my PC couldn't connect to the internet.

It was a little surprising because it seems this was the preferred setup. If I removed Telo from the setup, my PC could connect to the internet again. Please help. Right now, I have either the internet or Ooma working, but not both.

Thanks,

--Michael

Groundhound

Re: Telo Disrupts DSL Network

Post by Groundhound » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:31 pm

Can you access http://setup.ooma.com from the computer connected to the Telo's Home Network port? If so go to the Network page and then scroll down to "MODEM Port MAC Address" and change that to "Use Built in". Click on update and then reboot your modem and then the Telo and then the router.