blinking blue logo for hours

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
bones
blinking blue logo for hours

Post by bones » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:29 pm

Same problem as others already posted...problem is I don't understand what to do next from any of the previous posts.
Tried to call tech support and they are closed....
so far my ooma experience suxs....should just hook back up the vonage device and move forward.

I am computer literate, hooked up to dsl and the device is after the router. I have recycled several times to no avail.

any help would be appreciated...

jomila

Re: blinking blue logo for hours

Post by jomila » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:38 pm

Joined the club, I am going more w/ help with another friend which knows a lot about a computer, after that if i can not getting going i am bring back to the store.

elly

Post by elly » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:47 am

Same problem, blue logo is blinking for hours already. One of the posts said that you have to be patient, it can take 1 hr. Why then is the set up guide saying it takes 5 - 10 minutes. Furthermore, the contact us telnr. keeps you hanging for more than 30 minutes. Maybe even longer, but I do not have the time to wait for a rep for more than 30 mins. It would be advisable for ooma to employ more people if it doesn't want to alienate their customers or have their oomas returned.

isaleproducts

Post by isaleproducts » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:42 pm

I also currently have the same issue. The blue logo blinking for more than 3 hours now since I activated mine account. I called support and they said to wait for the update to complete. I'll wait until tomorrow and , if it still blinking, i'll take it back to the store and return it :!:

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:13 pm

jomila wrote:Joined the club, I am going more w/ help with another friend which knows a lot about a computer, after that if i can not getting going i am bring back to the store.
Hi, jomila. Since you're the only one above who's requested help (albeit in another thread) and are going to get help from a friend who is knowledgeable about computers, was the friend able to help you?

My apologies to bones who also requested help:
bones wrote:Same problem as others already posted...problem is I don't understand what to do next from any of the previous posts.
Tried to call tech support and they are closed....
so far my ooma experience suxs....should just hook back up the vonage device and move forward.

I am computer literate, hooked up to dsl and the device is after the router. I have recycled several times to no avail.

any help would be appreciated...
Can you provide more details about how you have your Telo connected relative to your modem and/or router?

mfregeau

Post by mfregeau » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:17 am

Same problem here. This is my second one with the same problem. Directions CLEARLY state that when ooma telo is plugged in logo will blink red while booting up, 2 different units and that has not happened. Both times tech support cannot answer why. Before anyone says that is not important or any other excuse, my response to that is, take it out of the directions then. ooma support is the WORSE I have ever had to deal with. The first unit after 3 tech support calls it was escalated and I was told I would be contacted in 24-48 hours, 5 days later I returned the unit to the store. Day 7 ooma support called and asked how they can help. 7 days, nice. Because I want to save money I give it another try. This time I install following 2B as suggested by ooma instead of 2A, 3 hours in and still had the ooma logo flashing blue. 2 calls to tech support. Tech support says could take longer based on my download speed, 21Mbps not fast enough? Support can't answer. How big is the file? Support can't answer. Why no red logo @ boot up? Support can't answer. Unit 2 will be going back to the store today.
From the ooma directions.
Most users are up and calling in less than 15 minutes.
Allow 5-10 minutes for the device to upgrade the first time it is plugged in.

What they don't tell you,
When that doesn't work after 30 minutes, call support, have support tell you give it an hour and after one hour if it is still flashing to call back, after 3 hours call again and have support tell you they will escalate.
With the level of service and support I have received ooma will be out of business soon. It really is a shame because I still think it is a great concept. Please no questions about how it's connected or configured, let's just say I am confident I know what I am doing and that the problem is with ooma.

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:04 am

mfregeau wrote:Please no questions about how it's connected or configured, let's just say I am confident I know what I am doing and that the problem is with ooma.
OK, I understand you don't want any help from anyone here - fine. You know what you're doing, and all of the Telo users who are successfully using their Telos apparently don't know what they are doing, because if they did they would not be able to connect their Telos correctly - fine.

I guess what this forum needs is a "I don't want help I just want to rant" board so the rest of us won't bother you with silly attempts to help.

mfregeau

Post by mfregeau » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:17 am

Groundhound wrote:
mfregeau wrote:Please no questions about how it's connected or configured, let's just say I am confident I know what I am doing and that the problem is with ooma.
OK, I understand you don't want any help from anyone here - fine. You know what you're doing, and all of the Telo users who are successfully using their Telos apparently don't know what they are doing, because if they did they would not be able to connect their Telos correctly - fine.

I guess what this forum needs is a "I don't want help I just want to rant" board so the rest of us won't bother you with silly attempts to help.

I am aware that many users have no issues and I really am happy for them. I also appreciate the fact the people are willing to help. Not a rant by any stretch, just fact. ooma support is horrible, end of subject. Your reply is why I try to NOT post on forums. You take 1 sentence and reply to it. What about 7 days for a return call? How about no idea on download file size? How about no idea why no red light on boot up that " their " instructions, not mine, say will happen? I am glad you and others love your ooma. I wanted too as well. I bought it twice remember. Before you post something you may want to browse the forums. Let me know how many positives you find in comparisons to negative feedback or people having issues. I did, and can say that there are many, many more having issues than are not having issues. Rant? No. Fact. Yes.

murphy

Post by murphy » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:31 am

It is a well known fact that people that are happy don't come to forums to praise the product. Forums are populated by people looking for help. Some stay on after they are helped to return the favor to the next person. The rest go away and are never heard from again. The result is that a support forum will always sound negative.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:35 am

mfregeau wrote:Before you post something you may want to browse the forums. Let me know how many positives you find in comparisons to negative feedback or people having issues.
Actually, I have browsed the forums once or twice, but I obviously don't know as much as you. I saw in your earlier post that you are returning your Ooma equipment today, and I wish you better luck with your next phone company.