Adding Contacts from Call Log

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
hteinlin
Adding Contacts from Call Log

Post by hteinlin » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:12 am

Anyone notice this problem?
I cannot add numbers to contact from the call log using IE8 both in compatible mode and non.
The popup appears but clicking "Create" does nothing and the popup just remains on screen.

It works fine in Firefox 3.5.6.

Mike-o-Matic

Re: Adding Contacts from Call Log

Post by Mike-o-Matic » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:52 pm

Wow! This feature was -just- suggested the other day. That was quick!! I'd like to add some comments.

Issue #1, the bug you've reported:
As you've described, adding a contact from the call logs page works in FireFox, but not in IE8. I've tried and seen the same thing.

Issue #2: Filtering by contact group,IE8.
Filtering by contact group appears to be dysfunctional in IE8. If you click a group, all contacts disappear. You cannot see any contacts again until you click "Contacts." Clicking "All" will not bring them back.

Issue #3: Filtering by contact group, Firefox 3.5.5.
Filtering does work in Firefox, but the filter is released when you delete a contact from there. All your remaining contacts will show, regardless of their group affiliations. The menu on the left and the heading "Contacts (groupname)" will indicate that you've got a group selected, yet everybody shows up.

Since adding a contact from your call logs is a "newborn" feature, I'm thinking it's being actively developed and that problem will be addressed and fixed VERY soon. Hopefully the developers will pick up on #2 and #3 as well.
Customer Since: November 2009.
Number Port: ordered 12/14/09; completed 01/07/10.
Hardware: one Hub, one Scout, one Telo.
Service Level: Annual Premier.

VicMatson

Post by VicMatson » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:36 pm

I wish you could just save a business name without a persons.

Mike-o-Matic

Post by Mike-o-Matic » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:32 pm

The fields seem to be freeform when you enter it yourself. I've added a couple of businesses' names that way.
Customer Since: November 2009.
Number Port: ordered 12/14/09; completed 01/07/10.
Hardware: one Hub, one Scout, one Telo.
Service Level: Annual Premier.

hteinlin

Post by hteinlin » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:31 pm

Actually Ooma is already aware of this issue, just saw it in their release notes.

And yes you don't have to add actual person's name... You can assign whatever you want to each number.