Apple looking to buy a VOIP

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
whn
Apple looking to buy a VOIP

Post by whn » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:09 pm

Davesworld

Re: Apple looking to buy a VOIP

Post by Davesworld » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:22 am

Uh no, the only thing worse having Apple own Ooma would be to have Microsoft own it. There's a good reason why I have never owned ipods and iphones. I do have to hand it to them for making a chunk of plastic into a fashion accessory.

07pilot4me

Post by 07pilot4me » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:37 am

i say google buys ooma

tao

Post by tao » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:06 am

It wouldn't be that cool when they triple (or more) the cost to use it!
The same goes for GooG... Do you really think Google does things for free? Wake up... if they don't make a profit (a huge one) on what they offer; they will get rid of it!
Last edited by tao on Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whn

Post by whn » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:53 pm

tao wrote:
It wouldn't be that cool when they triple (or more) the cost to use it!
The same goes for GooG... Do you really think Google does thinks for free? Wake up... if they don't make a profit (a huge one) on what they offer; they will get rid of it!

Google like Facebook is more into people's data

richc

Post by richc » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:16 am

Maybe we get better Technical support and maybe in the U.S Apple please buy OOMA

jemarti

Post by jemarti » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:36 am

Apple, Microsoft, Google.... I don't care for any of them. However, Apple would be at the bottom of my list. I'm not a mac user, and I don't want Ooma to become a mac-centric service. Apple mostly fails when they try to provide services beyond their own hardware and OS. iTunes for the PC is a bloated resource hog.

Microsoft is only slightly better than Apple. At least with Microsoft you could expect that they would open Oooma's api up and let 3rd party developers make some cool addons.

Google, despite their pervasing and questionable collecting of data on everything and anything I do when using their services, would probably be the best fit. Tight intergration between Ooma and Google Voice would be awesome, and would give Google a company that could port numbers into Google voice.

whn

Post by whn » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:06 pm

jemarti wrote:Apple, Microsoft, Google.... I don't care for any of them. However, Apple would be at the bottom of my list. I'm not a mac user, and I don't want Ooma to become a mac-centric service. Apple mostly fails when they try to provide services beyond their own hardware and OS. iTunes for the PC is a bloated resource hog.

Microsoft is only slightly better than Apple. At least with Microsoft you could expect that they would open Oooma's api up and let 3rd party developers make some cool addons.

Google, despite their pervasing and questionable collecting of data on everything and anything I do when using their services, would probably be the best fit. Tight intergration between Ooma and Google Voice would be awesome, and would give Google a company that could port numbers into Google voice.
google would be the worst thing for OOMA

Apple would make OOMA into the Ipod for the telephone, they will make it 100000000x better.

oldanbo

Post by oldanbo » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:23 pm

Date wrote:rich. Your the stupid one. think about it. I offered a helping hand, and so did others. I guess your drugs and alcohol, or lack of medication makes you more important than any other other member. Anyone that would post his or her's email and raise hell like you is so stupied. ( robertcox1@windstream.net ) . Get a life
Let it go date, drop it. It will be resolved.

regards

anonymouse

Post by anonymouse » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:03 am

The Scout and Hub do have that Apple feel ;) :D Especially the transparent over white button design. Now, I also see some room for an apple logo on them :D

Or, maybe Ooma is in fact Apple, in diguise. Camouflage -lol-