ooma phone number after trial Premier expires

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
jima
ooma phone number after trial Premier expires

Post by jima » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:20 pm

I'm a new ooma user on the trial Premier subscription. I currently have my landline (telco) phone number and an additional ooma phone number. Does the ooma phone number go away after the premier trial subscription expires or do I get to keep a single ooma phone number?

toyotaisme

Re: ooma phone number after trial Premier expires

Post by toyotaisme » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:26 pm

I was wondering the same thing

southsound

Post by southsound » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:48 pm

The ooma will always have at least one number associated with it. If you do not port your landline, then the number will be the one you chose when you set up the system. If you ported your landline, then that number will become your ooma number after the port completes. If you have Premier or the Premier trial, you may assign another number - any area code - as part of the Premier package. I assume that the 2nd number would go away if you chose not to keep Premier. You can either have the 2nd number ring on both the ooma hub and the scout, or you can separate them so that the first number is assigned to the hub and the second to the scout.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

jima

Post by jima » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:26 pm

Thanks for the response southsound. I'm still a little muddled though...

I did not port my landline. I choose to "use the ooma system with my current landline."

Does that mean that after the Premier trial ends that I will keep both my landline number and the ooma number that I chose in the Lounge following activation?

hwgang

Post by hwgang » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:28 am

jima wrote: Does that mean that after the Premier trial ends that I will keep both my landline number and the ooma number that I chose in the Lounge following activation?
Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: ooma premiere is not tied to a number. ooma service is-- and you choose a number during activation. Whether or not you ever use premier service and/or extend it is up to you. Premier service is a set of additional features. Where premier service and numbers get "mixed" in forum discussions is regarding porting.

One incentive for premier service is Free porting, so the two often go hand-in-hand but they are not joined at the hip.