Can't receive calls

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
southsound
Re: Can't receive calls

Post by southsound » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:13 pm

robert123 wrote:AND PLEASE DO NOT GIVE ME ANY STUPID ANSWERS PLEASE, i HAVE EMAIL BOBBIE NO ANSWER FROM HIM
Maybe you didn't read my post asking if we could help. I don't think any of my answers have been stupid - except maybe when I invoke fond and suculent dreams of walnut brownies and vanilla bean ice cream. Neither of which are really stupid, just your basic comfort food. Now if you would like to tell us about your configuration, maybe we will be moved to help. :P
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

The Talker

Post by The Talker » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:11 pm

I sent walnut brownies and vanilla bean ice cream to BobbB, now I get good customer support!
southsound wrote:
robert123 wrote:AND PLEASE DO NOT GIVE ME ANY STUPID ANSWERS PLEASE, i HAVE EMAIL BOBBIE NO ANSWER FROM HIM
Maybe you didn't read my post asking if we could help. I don't think any of my answers have been stupid - except maybe when I invoke fond and suculent dreams of walnut brownies and vanilla bean ice cream. Neither of which are really stupid, just your basic comfort food. Now if you would like to tell us about your configuration, maybe we will be moved to help. :P
I am The Talker || **Lifetime Premier Service Subscriber** Use this SEARCH function folks!

southsound

Post by southsound » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:22 pm

Note to self. Have to get allergy shots. Must find a cat with that awesome expression. Must buy a surplus iron lung from the 50's to counteract my allergic reaction to cats. :P
Lifetime Premier Member

whatnow

Post by whatnow » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:01 am

Southsound,

Earlier in this thread I posted a description of the problem I am having.

Tech support has not come through for me yet. Do you have any suggestions for me?

whatnow

southsound

Post by southsound » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:50 am

whatnow wrote:Southsound,

Earlier in this thread I posted a description of the problem I am having.

Tech support has not come through for me yet. Do you have any suggestions for me?

whatnow
I think that there have been several problems that have kind of been lumped into this thread. Some have the problem you are describing where they have had great service for a while and then the abilty to receive calls went away. Others may have had a problem backfeeding their ooma dialtone over their house wiring. Some may have a combination of issues.

Let's first talk about your configuration and see if I can help:
1. Do you have DSL or Cable feeding your ooma - and is it configured before or after your router?
2. You may have already said, but do you have the Telo (black) or the hub (white) and if the hub, do you use the scout?
3. Is anything connected to the "wall" port of your ooma? If so, what and how? (direct to the scout, using the house wiring, etc.)
4. Is the lack of incoming calls from all areas or just some portions of the country (locals work, LD doesn't, etc.)

When I better understand the above, I'll try to give some guidance.
Lifetime Premier Member

whatnow

Post by whatnow » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:09 am

southsound,

Thanks for trying to help me, I appreciate it. I'll answer your questions as best I can:

1. I am using cable broadband internet service provided by Time-Warner. The cable goes from the wall to the cable modem, from the cable modem to my ooma, and from my ooma to a NetGear wireless router.

2. I have the white ooma hub and a scout. The tabs on each glow blue, and I get the ooma dial tone when I pick up my phone to dial out. I have no trouble making outgoing calls.

3. I do have a line plugged into the "wall" port of my ooma. The cable runs from that port to a telephone jack so I can use my house wiring to enable my scout, which is upstairs. Just now I unplugged that cable first from the wall, and then from the back of my ooma, but neither action restored my incoming call service.

4. As best I can tell, no one can reach me. I have tried landlines and cell phones, both local and long distance. ooma tech support got the same recorded error message when they tried to call me.

I'm particularly puzzled because my ooma service has worked wonderfully for seven or eight months. The fact that a couple of people who posted on this thread started having incoming call trouble the same day that I did suggests the problem lies outside my home, but perhaps there is something I can do to fix it.

Thanks again,
whatnow

southsound

Post by southsound » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:13 pm

whatnow wrote: I'm particularly puzzled because my ooma service has worked wonderfully for seven or eight months. The fact that a couple of people who posted on this thread started having incoming call trouble the same day that I did suggests the problem lies outside my home, but perhaps there is something I can do to fix it.

Thanks again,
whatnow
I think you have done a great job of troubleshooting from your end. I was wondering if it might be a problem with an integrated landline and DSL like one of the other posters, but your description of your system rules that out. Unfortunately, I believe the problem may lie with one of the "partners" that ooma uses in the VoIP/Public Switched Network conversion. Possibly their routing tables have become convoluted or something. I'm not too familiar with that part of the process, but I know that the higher level ooma techs do this stuff in their sleep. I believe Rene was able to get assistance from Bobby B - maybe you could find one of his posts (or one from Dante R) and send a PM using the little envelope under their name. Please let us know how it gets resolved.
Lifetime Premier Member

whatnow

Post by whatnow » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:31 pm

Thanks south, I will try to contact Bobby or Dante.

In the meantime, I will remain hopeful that a higher level tech can help. It was three days ago that a customer service rep "escalated" my issue and gave me a ticket number. I called customer service again yesterday and they asked me to give the technical people more time, but I am growing impatient.

whatnow

bobc

Post by bobc » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:47 pm

WHATNOW

FIRST OFF YOU HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM I HAVE, NO ONE IN THIS FORUM OR TECH SUPPORT CAN HELP YOU
I CONTACTED THERE CORP OFFICE AND THEY HAVE GAVE ME A TEMPORARY NUMBER. THERE IS A ROUTING ISSUE
WITH SOME NUMBER AND THEY ARE WORKING ON TO GET FIX, WHATNOW IF YOU WANT SOME MORE INFO FROM
ME EMAIL ME I GIVE YOU THERE EMAIL ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER. THEY WILL GIVE YOU A TEMPORARY NUMBER

SURE IS A SHAME NO ONE IN THIS FORUM COULD NOT FIGURE IT OUT INCLUDING THE ADMINISTRATORS

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO AND INCLUDING OOMA

THANK YOU
BOB

steelman

Post by steelman » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:49 pm

I am facing a very similar problem. For the last 2 weeks I have not been able to receive calls. Incoming calls go directly to my voicemail. My phone doesn't ring. What should I do to fix that? Can anyone help?