Refund Issue - Need Help

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
jcarcopo
Re: Refund Issue - Need Help

Post by jcarcopo » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:56 am

southsound wrote:
jcarcopo wrote: I demanded a refund for my new OOMA TELO, 3 Telo Handsets, and 2+ Years of OOMA PREMIER. I want my old HUB/SCOUT reactivated like it was before this whole TELO-DEBACLE. I have 3 unanswered/unresolved/open tickets, now several weeks old.

I have been told 3 times by the philippines support center that their is NO RMA PROCEDURE for RETURNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My requests for refunds are being treated like tech-support tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No follow up, no senior level call back, no email reply to email requests, NOTHING!!!

I will submit my complaints to the BBB, my credit card company, and the NC State Attorney General's Consumer Affairs Department if something is resolved with my refund request by JAN 1st 2010
I can understand your frustration and also your issues with no response to your required solution. Unfortunately, 99% of those on the forum are users like yourself and have no way to do anything about your situation. Have you tried calling the corporate number and seeing if anyone there will escalate to upper management? The contact information is available on the main website, ooma.com. Click on company then team for the management team names. Then you can dial (650) 325-6662 to get the corporate automated switchboard.

From my own personal experience dealing with the management team, let me humbly give some advice. These are high level people who respond poorly to threats but are really concerned with making ooma customers happy since happy customers = corporate existance. Be polite even if you don't feel like it. Take a deep breath before describing your problem and frustrations. Let them offer suggestions but be firm in describing what will satisfy you.

In the end, my dealings with the team were extremely successful. Of course, YMMV. Let us know how things work out.
I tried calling this morning and I got a voicemail with no options. I attempted to leave a message and the system message said it could not take anymore messages because too many pissed off people like me are flooding their corporate phone systems because their Philippines support system is deplorable. I don't mind the people at support, just that they have no power to fix or handle anything.

southsound

Post by southsound » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:19 am

jcarcopo wrote: I tried calling this morning and I got a voicemail with no options. I attempted to leave a message and the system message said it could not take anymore messages because too many pissed off people like me are flooding their corporate phone systems because their Philippines support system is deplorable. I don't mind the people at support, just that they have no power to fix or handle anything.
I just tried calling a few minutes ago and was able to use their automated system to enter the first name of an executive, verify that it was the one I was calling, and press a key to be connected. Remember that ooma is on the West Coast so possibly your call came in outside of business hours. Bottom line, it works now.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

amoney

Post by amoney » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:07 pm

Easy...

1. Return to sender the UPS package.
2. Call credit card company and dispute charge.

There are easy solutions, I understand that Ooma should be the responsible party to resolve simple issues, but as I think we all know what we are undertaking with resource limited company like Ooma, we still have other means of resolve. No need to get worked up.

Note I have my own refund debacle begining. Although I have just initiated the refund request, I am interested to see my results. We will see. But as I indicated I have my options.

Hope you get your refund soon.
Comcast > Telo > WRT54G

costanzo98031

Post by costanzo98031 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:41 pm

amoney wrote:Easy...

1. Return to sender the UPS package.
2. Call credit card company and dispute charge.

There are easy solutions, I understand that Ooma should be the responsible party to resolve simple issues, but as I think we all know what we are undertaking with resource limited company like Ooma, we still have other means of resolve. No need to get worked up.

Note I have my own refund debacle begining. Although I have just initiated the refund request, I am interested to see my results. We will see. But as I indicated I have my options.

Hope you get your refund soon.
I too am still waiting for a refund. I have done all the correct steps... Have emails confirming everything and have notified my bank. The bank needs a 30 day grace period form the time of the request them to refund. That 30 day grace period ended today - so my next steps if I don't get a refund from Ooma is to start the process with my bank.

My last communication was from Sioeli Taumalolo. I got them to send me a pre-paid shipping label to return a telo handset. I refused to pay for return shipping since I did canceled the order prior to it be shipped. Even though I made my request and the telo handset was on backorder - they still shipped me a phone! I got them to send me prepaid label and sent the unopened phone back which they received according to UPS tracking.

I started the process of my refund by calling the corporate office and received an emailed from Sioeli Taumalolo a few weeks ago. A few emails went back and forth and left it asking him when will I see my refund? As of today I haven't heard back from him.

After a one month debacle - still no resolution! Disappointing that I have to go through this but I am sure I will get a refund - either through the bank or Ooma.
Last edited by costanzo98031 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Talker

Post by The Talker » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:01 pm

I have had a few refund/credit due transactions with Ooma and Amazon.
The Amazon went nearly perfect and without any human to human interaction, sort of speak. It was all done online. Just one more small question in with Amazon and I will consider my money issues with Amazon closed. Case closed, business done right.

With Ooma, I have had several issues. After reading about other folks problems here and after 2 calls in with support and sales departments, I felt I wouldn't get satisfactory results. So, I decided to just go straight to the top.
My email to one of the Big Cheeses got filter down the chain to someone who would, and did, take care of my issues with Ooma hardware, firmware, account problems and refunds. To date, Ooma and I are squared up on the money. Now to get the Lifetime Premier to display on my account.

I will say, most of the issues I have had have been 'behind the scenes' type stuff. The system works and sounds great for me. We'll see how that is once the my number is ported later this week.

I do find it bad for this company that it's users to have to use this message board as a self help and members helping each other solutions when it should just work right the first time straight out of the box. Which it seems to do much of the time.

I do see the moderating staff is helpful but they seem understaffed. There are still so many people having problems.
I am The Talker || **Lifetime Premier Service Subscriber** Use this SEARCH function folks!

TheWGP

Post by TheWGP » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:08 pm

The Talker wrote: I do find it bad for this company that it's users to have to use this message board as a self help and members helping each other solutions when it should just work right the first time straight out of the box. Which it seems to do much of the time.

I do see the moderating staff is helpful but they seem understaffed. There are still so many people having problems.
Amazing summary! Ooma really does mean well but just doesn't have the people, it seems...