How to display name of incoming callers on Ooma Telo?

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
zagato27
How to display name of incoming callers on Ooma Telo?

Post by zagato27 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:15 pm

I'm a new Ooma Telo user and have a question. First, I did do a search of the forum for the answer but didn't find what I was looking for. Here's my question, when I call my Ooma Telo from my cell phone it shows the phone number of my cell phone but it doesn't show my name. My cell phone is with Sprint and to my knowledge am not blocking my number or my name. When my daughter calls on her cell phone (TMobile) her name and number is displayed on the handset (Ooma Telo handset). I have gone into my account and have added my cell phone # and contact list etc. Thought this would solve the problem but it still just shows my cell #. Am I doing something wrong? Or have I not done enough?

BTW: I have Comcast cable, Motorola SB6120 SURFboard DOCSIS 3.0 eXtreme Broadband Cable Modem with Ooma Telo connect directly to modem and then cable from Ooma Telo to router. I was unable to port my phone number so I am using a phone number that is in my area code but not in my local area that was given to me from Ooma. I'm hoping that Ooma will get some phone numbers in my local calling area and that I can get one of those at a later date....I asked about this when activating and they said that I could do this down the road....I'm crossing my fingers on that one.
Last edited by zagato27 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Groundhound

Re: How to display name of incoming callers on Ooma Telo?

Post by Groundhound » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:19 pm

I think Tmobile is somewhat unique among cell carriers in providing CNAM. As far as the contact list is concerned, transmitting the name for inbound calls is not yet available (contact list is beta). Hopefully they'll add that feature soon.

zagato27

Re: How to display name of incoming callers on Ooma Telo?

Post by zagato27 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:28 pm

Ah, ok. Least I'm not doing anything wrong. Hope they implement the contact "Beta" list info. Like I said, I'm new to all of this. Haven't had the courage to turn off my land line yet but hey, tomorrow's a new year. Thanks for the info. Cheers