telo HUB is dead...

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
stocks22
Re: telo HUB is dead...

Post by stocks22 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:42 am

What a piece of garbage. The Telo Phones don't work, two sets cannot be used despite their claims; oh, Dec 15, no, end of December. Here it is January and they still cannot get 2 sets working so they have false claims and false advertising. Obviously, there will be a class action suit against this company.

They are getting money up front for something that does not work. There will be NO support when they go under. POS company. Made in China and I am NOT buying China products again.

I am going to join the class action suit as soon as it happens. I want my money back and then some.

allo

Post by allo » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:48 am

stocks22 wrote:What a piece of garbage. The Telo Phones don't work, two sets cannot be used despite their claims; oh, Dec 15, no, end of December. Here it is January and they still cannot get 2 sets working so they have false claims and false advertising. Obviously, there will be a class action suit against this company.

They are getting money up front for something that does not work. There will be NO support when they go under. POS company. Made in China and I am NOT buying China products again.

I am going to join the class action suit as soon as it happens. I want my money back and then some.
How does this answer the problem in the original post?
Or is it just a case of "diarrhea of the mouth"?

hondo777

Post by hondo777 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:46 am

I was looking at the tracking on my newegg account and I didn't receive until 12/2. Since newegg support isn't open on the weekends and holidays, I'll call them Monday. I think that would be the fastest way to resolve this. Ooma CS doesn't want me send it back to newegg they want me to send it to ooma, but I haven't received an RMA so I would rather take my chances with newegg.
Last edited by hondo777 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

hondo777

Post by hondo777 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:48 am

Once I get a replacement I think I will call squaretrade and spend a few bucks on a extended warranty.

hondo777

Post by hondo777 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:53 am

stocks22 wrote:What a piece of garbage. The Telo Phones don't work, two sets cannot be used despite their claims; oh, Dec 15, no, end of December. Here it is January and they still cannot get 2 sets working so they have false claims and false advertising. Obviously, there will be a class action suit against this company.

I hope they get all these lined out... I think it would be a great product with some changes.
Last edited by hondo777 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hondo777

Post by hondo777 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:27 pm

allo wrote:

How does this answer the problem in the original post?
Or is it just a case of "diarrhea of the mouth"?
No, its been helpful. I should have called newegg as soon as it died and went that route.

amoney

Post by amoney » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:17 pm

Meh class action lawsuits only profit the lawyers, I am sure soon enough some lawyer will smell blood in the water here and begin proceeding. Customers get screwed in the end regardless.
Comcast > Telo > WRT54G

allo

Post by allo » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:15 pm

amoney wrote:
stocks22 wrote:...

Meh class action lawsuits only profit the lawyers, I am sure soon enough some lawyer will smell blood in the water here and begin proceeding. Customers get screwed in the end regardless.

Right on the money... it harms everyone else!.. and this guy thinks otherwise : ("...I want my money back and then some.")

dsinternet

Post by dsinternet » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:39 pm

I have been using the Telo and handset for just over 2months now and love it. My brother also got one and loves the fact that he is not paying $50 per month to AT&T. I just got back from a trip to my parents place 300 miles away from my home and was amazed at how easy it was to set up my telo at their house. I unpluged the telo and handset from my place and plugged them in at their place and within 2 minutes my phone was working. Friends called us and didn't even know we where 300 miles away. I love my new Telo and hate for people to think something is wrong with it. The silent majority like Ooma and are thankful that they are saving people like me money.

amoney

Post by amoney » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:44 pm

I would assume that Ooma would proceed as all normal buisness's due in a case of a defective product especially while under warranty.

If a customer has an issue and deemed replacement required Ooma should send out a replacement asap. If customer fails to return the defective product a charge will be placed on the credit card on file. Simple. That is if Ooma has the proper organization for RMA's.

This thread does peek my CONCERN if something similar happens to me. What processes does Ooma have in place for defective hardware and a customer w/o service?

Interesting I hound 2 KB articles regarding warranty. Warranty is 1 year, however there is a discrepency in regards to the advertised warranty extension plan. There are 2 prices listed contradicting each other. Once says 69 bucks another says a more reasonable 39 bucks. Someone might want to correct that.

https://www.ooma.com/support/knowledgeb ... t?s=repair
Comcast > Telo > WRT54G