telo HUB is dead...

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
allo
Re: telo HUB is dead...

Post by allo » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:34 pm

amoney wrote:I would assume that Ooma would proceed as all normal business's due in a case of a defective product especially while under warranty.
That is if Ooma has the proper organization for RMA's.
Interesting I hound 2 KB articles regarding warranty. Warranty is 1 year, however there is a discrepancy in regards to the advertised warranty extension plan. There are 2 prices listed contradicting each other. Once says 69 bucks another says a more reasonable 39 bucks. Someone might want to correct that.

https://www.ooma.com/support/knowledgeb ... t?s=repair
Also , Ooma needs to be competitive and stay competitive as far as extended warranty goes ( I doubt if many signed up for the $39 extension; let alone the $69 one!). It is also vital to have the proper organization for RMA's.- which is prompt; and not CS telling a customer they will be emailed/ called back an RMA, and not follow through like in this post!
Also being competitive means not to have overloaded prices. Here is an example of a reputable company (Newegg) for a Telo priced at $249 which extends the manufacturer warranty , not run concurrently:
"Protect Your Investment - Service Net Replacement Extended Warranty Plan
The product will be replaced and shipped directly to you at no charge:

* 1 year: $25.99
* 2 year: $42.99"
Last edited by allo on Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

southsound

Post by southsound » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:45 pm

allo wrote: Here is an example of a reputable company (Newegg) for a Telo priced at $249:
"Protect Your Investment - Service Net Replacement Extended Warranty Plan
The product will be replaced and shipped directly to you at no charge:

* 1 year: $25.99
* 2 year: $42.99"
I think this is great. I love Newegg and have purchased many items (both computer and audio gear) from them. I also know that there is good profit in selling extended warranties so I am impressed that ooma has priced their own warranty such that their resellers can make a good profit while offering a great service at a slightly lower price. ooma is in business to make and sell VoIP service. I am sure that they are happy to let Newegg reap the profits from an extended warranty which is not part of their core business. Frankly, if I had purchased my hub/scout from Newegg I would have also purchased their extended warranty. At the time, Costco had the best price and although they did not offer an extended warranty, they do have a lifetime return feature that is wonderful. On my Telo, I opted for the Lifetime Premier that includes a 3yr warranty. Frankly, I have unusally good service from most of the electronics I buy so I doubt if I will ever need either one.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

allo

Post by allo » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:05 pm

southsound wrote:
allo wrote: ... At the time, Costco had the best price and although they did not offer an extended warranty, they do have a lifetime return feature that is wonderful. On my Telo, I opted for the Lifetime Premier that includes a 3yr warranty. Frankly, I have unusually good service from most of the electronics I buy so I doubt if I will ever need either one.
Costco also has (or had, as I read recently) an outstanding return policy.... I think I read somewhere they recently modified that lifetime policy to 3 or 6 months for certain items (PC-TV-phone?...)!
As far as Ooma not trying to compete in the extended warranty field... then they shouldn't offer it period... but they still need to have a "fully functional service" to service the 1 year original warranty as well as the 3Yr lifetime Premier; which I don't think is up to the task right now, as demonstrated originally earlier in this thread!
You had good luck so far with your electronic buys, which is not the case for everybody (i.e. he just had the Telo for 1 month!)

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:44 pm

amoney wrote:I would assume that Ooma would proceed as all normal buisness's due in a case of a defective product especially while under warranty.
Yes, if the device is under warranty and there is a hardware failure we will replace it as soon as possible.
amoney wrote:Interesting I hound 2 KB articles regarding warranty...There are 2 prices listed contradicting each other. Once says 69 bucks another says a more reasonable 39 bucks. Someone might want to correct that.
Thanks for the notification - the old article has been removed (the three year extended warranty is available for $69.99).
Bobby B

bw1

Post by bw1 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:22 am

Bobby B wrote:
amoney wrote:I would assume that Ooma would proceed as all normal buisness's due in a case of a defective product especially while under warranty.
Yes, if the device is under warranty and there is a hardware failure we will replace it as soon as possible.
amoney wrote:Interesting I hound 2 KB articles regarding warranty...There are 2 prices listed contradicting each other. Once says 69 bucks another says a more reasonable 39 bucks. Someone might want to correct that.
Thanks for the notification - the old article has been removed (the three year extended warranty is available for $69.99).
I think you mean one year:
You can extend the warranty an additional year for the one-time fee of $69.99.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:39 pm

Thanks again - the extended three year warranty article has been further clarified.
Bobby B

bw1

Post by bw1 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:43 pm

Well that's a good deal then, a full three year warranty (two extra years) for $70.