None of the premier stuff works

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
timothytoday
None of the premier stuff works

Post by timothytoday » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:48 pm

37 days left on premier trial
Telo
no landline
cable to modem, ethernet to Telo, ethernet to router
# from Ooma
caller-id works
voicemail works
call quality is excellent

I just had time to check the "extras" today. None work - not forwarding, not blacklists - I can't even change the dial tone.

The changes get saved on the website, but the Telo never changes. Any ideas?

bw1

Re: None of the premier stuff works

Post by bw1 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:56 pm

You could try rebooting the Telo.

southsound

Post by southsound » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:17 pm

timothytoday wrote:I can't even change the dial tone.
Actually, the dialtone cannot be changed. You will always (unless ooma changes their policy) hear the little jingle before the dialtone goes to a standard 440 dialtone like most landlines. What can be configured is the connection tone - that is the little jingle that is played after dialing. That can be configured - and most agree that the best configuration is to disable the silly thing. It has been known to interfer with ATT cell phones sending your call to their voicemail and asking for a pin.

bw1's suggestion is a good one. Let us know what your results are. And welcome to ooma and to the forums! :cool:
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

timothytoday

Post by timothytoday » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:25 pm

southsound wrote:
bw1's suggestion is a good one. Let us know what your results are. And welcome to ooma and to the forums! :cool:
Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, I did mean the jingle ;) The Telo reboot made no difference.

amoney

Post by amoney » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:03 pm

I was told changes on the my.ooma website can take 24 hours to trickle down to your Ooma device. Not sure about your timeline, but, there may be an issue, contact support see if they know anything.
Comcast > Telo > WRT54G

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:18 am

That's incorrect - most changes on My Ooma take effect within 3 minutes (some are immediate).
amoney wrote:I was told changes on the my.ooma website can take 24 hours to trickle down to your Ooma device.
Timothy - I currently see your blacklist and call forwarding is disabled. Did you disable these features or do you see them as enabled in My Ooma?
Bobby B

timothytoday

Post by timothytoday » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:56 pm

Bobby B wrote:Timothy - I currently see your blacklist and call forwarding is disabled. Did you disable these features or do you see them as enabled in My Ooma?
I put them back to disabled. I will try again this evening, and post the results.

Rocker357

Post by Rocker357 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:13 pm

I have the same problem and have opened a call 12/23/09 with support that none of my premire services are working and it says I am core not premire that I have paid for.

timothytoday

Post by timothytoday » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:40 pm

timothytoday wrote:I put them back to disabled. I will try again this evening, and post the results.
Forwarding and blacklist work - yay! :)

However, I still am stuck with the default jingle-dial tone. Changes don't work. Also, I can't add a phone number. When I select a number from the list, the loading graphic briefly displays, but nothing happens.

southsound

Post by southsound » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:43 pm

timothytoday wrote:
timothytoday wrote:I put them back to disabled. I will try again this evening, and post the results.
Forwarding and blacklist work - yay! :)

However, I still am stuck with the default jingle-dial tone. Changes don't work. Also, I can't add a phone number. When I select a number from the list, the loading graphic briefly displays, but nothing happens.
Ahhh... remember the earlier post:
southsound wrote:
Actually, the dialtone cannot be changed. You will always (unless ooma changes their policy) hear the little jingle before the dialtone goes to a standard 440 dialtone like most landlines. :cool:
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.