International Bundle Q

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
ashura80b
International Bundle Q

Post by ashura80b » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:34 am

Quick question about the international bundle, is it 500 minutes per calendar month or billing month? ie. I started service on Dec. 15th, so would the 500 minutes refresh every month on the 15th, or would they refresh every month on the 1st?

Thanks!

ashura80b

Re: International Bundle Q

Post by ashura80b » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:57 pm

Well, I called Ooma support and was told it was by billing month and that I should expect my minutes to refresh on Jan. 15th. But out of curiosity, I tried an international call today and, lo and behold, was notified that I had 500 minutes! Looks like it might be by calendar month after all?

The realization is bittersweet as I'm pleased about having the minutes sooner but very displeased that the Ooma support, who I waited at least a good 10 minutes to get, was wrong about the matter.

WoodyR

Re: International Bundle Q

Post by WoodyR » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:03 am

Well, I am also having problems with international bundle service on top of your questions. Beware that covered landline calls (within 500 minute) might be still charged from pre-paid account. I guess once their system is stablized, I can ask for refund for all wrong charges but the problem is the pre-paid call logs don't show full month cycle. Mine only goes to one page. So if they charge my pre-paid account and if I do not catch it in time, there is no basis to ask for refund.

I really love Ooma quality but their customer service and intuitive user experience from the international bundle is really disappointing.

debonas

International Calling Plan

Post by debonas » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:54 pm

Where is the international calling plan for regular (non-premier) users ? The Ooma blog promised a 9.99 PM calling plan for international calls and a iphone app. However I dont see that coming yet. All I see is a international calling bundle in my account which is only available if I upgrade to premier.

If I do the math,
I roughly pay 100 for premier.
Then I pay 9.99 pm. So 10X12 = 120

100 + 120 = 220 to make international calls if thats what I want and I am forced to take the Premier.
Also There is other regulatory fees. This is as worse as Vonage World plan where you pay 24.99 per month for international plan.
Thanks,
Debonas

Groundhound

Re: International Calling Plan

Post by Groundhound » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:05 pm

debonas wrote:Where is the international calling plan for regular (non-premier) users ? The Ooma blog promised a 9.99 PM calling plan for international calls and a iphone app. However I dont see that coming yet. All I see is a international calling bundle in my account which is only available if I upgrade to premier.

If I do the math,

100 + 120 = 220 to make international calls if thats what I want and I am forced to take the Premier.
Also There is other regulatory fees. This is as worse as Vonage World plan where you pay 24.99 per month for international plan.
The currently offered Premier-only monthly bundle is $4.99 for 500 min to 70 select countries. So Premier at ($9.99 + $4.99) x 12 = $179.76. Plus you get the Premier features that Vonage doesn't offer. If you don't want Premier's features there's always pay-as-you-go with Ooma or use something like Google Voice's international dialing.

bw1

Re: International Calling Plan

Post by bw1 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:10 pm

debonas wrote:Where is the international calling plan for regular (non-premier) users ? The Ooma blog promised a 9.99 PM calling plan for international calls and a iphone app. However I dont see that coming yet. All I see is a international calling bundle in my account which is only available if I upgrade to premier.

If I do the math,

I didn't see a promise for a non-premier international calling plan. They added a $4.99 per month international calling plan that requires premier. I don't know if they'll add a $9.99 non-premier international calling plan. I suppose they could add that and give 300 minutes and still get some revenue for those that don't want premier.

Premier is now $119.99 per year or $9.99 per month. Add in the $4.99 international plan for 500 minutes and it's less than $180 per year. Plus you get the other benefits of premier, like instant second line, 2nd phone number, blacklists, multi-ring.

Vonage world plan would cost $33+ per month when you include fees. That's almost $400 per year. I know that Vonage includes a lot of extras but a second line is a lot more.

I guess it depends on how much you call internationally.