Call Waiting problems: no ringback, no CID

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
moji
Re: Call Waiting problems: no ringback, no CID

Post by moji » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:47 pm

My problem is similar, though a little different. If I am speaking on first call, that caller is disconnected if I receive a second call. I have been back and forth with tech support. Their solution is that it is not an Ooma problem, but more a problem with the first caller---they believe first caller must have been on cell phone when he was disconnected and the disconnection is not because of Ooma, but because the wireless system faulted. This has happened more than I care to think. I use AT&T dsl. my download speed is 2.59 Mb/s and my upload speed is 0.43 Mb/s. I only connected the hub, did not connect the scout.

Any ideas?

cclauset

Post by cclauset » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:42 am

Bobby B wrote:For the no call-waiting caller-ID issue, we're tracking this one in " 5984: Telo: call waiting caller-id is not displayed" This feature was working before, but it seems to have stopped working properly in the latest builds. We're actively working on the fix now.
Any update or ETA on fixing the no call-waiting caller-ID? It's been almost two months since you posted this bug tracking note…

cclauset

Post by cclauset » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:51 am

Bobby B wrote:For the no call-waiting caller-ID issue, we're tracking this one in " 5984: Telo: call waiting caller-id is not displayed" This feature was working before, but it seems to have stopped working properly in the latest builds. We're actively working on the fix now.
It's ~3 months since you starting tracking this issue... Any update or ETA on fixing the no call-waiting caller-ID?

cclauset

Post by cclauset » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:20 pm

Although I see a note about CWCID compatibility in the 35170 release notes, but I'm still not seeing any CWCID on my AT&T DECT phones (SL82418). :cry:
Better call-waiting caller-id compatibility on FXS (still not perfect)

amoney

Post by amoney » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:54 pm

cclauset wrote:Although I see a note about CWCID compatibility in the 35170 release notes, but I'm still not seeing any CWCID on my AT&T DECT phones (SL82418). :cry:
Better call-waiting caller-id compatibility on FXS (still not perfect)

There is another thread with a off topic post regarding all of this, apparently its obviously still not fixed but there have been improvements (I can confirm my Panasonic intermitently displayed the CWCID sometimes), but anyways they apparently have one more update they are waiting to push out that looks to finally resolve the issue (so the test appear).
Comcast > Telo > WRT54G