FREE CALLING TO ANYWHERE ON EARTH SHOULD COME TO OOMA!!!!!!!

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
googlevoice
FREE CALLING TO ANYWHERE ON EARTH SHOULD COME TO OOMA!!!!!!!

Post by googlevoice » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:31 pm

I just saw the tweet from Mr Rich Buchanan as follows:

@rohrsh Stop by the Ooma booth, free calling to anywhere on Earth (including Oz) is back for CES 2010

I think Ooma should charge $10 or $15 per month to call unlimited to any country. I will be willing to pay.
Last edited by googlevoice on Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

murphy

Re: FREE CALLING TO ANYWHERE ON EARTH IS COMING TO OOMA!!!!!!!!!

Post by murphy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:34 pm

Are you sure that he doesn't mean that anyone that stops by the Ooma booth at CES can make a call anywhere they want while at the booth? I don't twitter so I can't read the original.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

The Talker

Post by The Talker » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:42 pm

murphy wrote:Are you sure that he doesn't mean that anyone that stops by the Ooma booth at CES can make a call anywhere they want while at the booth? I don't twitter so I can't read the original.
I read that the same as you murphy. Stop by our booth to make a call.

The Tweet, that was the original message:
"@rohrsh Stop by the Ooma booth, free calling to anywhere on Earth (including Oz) is back for CES 2010."
Attachments
i20f.jpg
i20f.jpg (33.12KiB)Viewed 6204 times
Last edited by The Talker on Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am The Talker || **Lifetime Premier Service Subscriber** Use this SEARCH function folks!

bw1

Post by bw1 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:43 pm

murphy wrote:Are you sure that he doesn't mean that anyone that stops by the Ooma booth at CES can make a call anywhere they want while at the booth? I don't twitter so I can't read the original.
I'm sure that's what he means.

You can read his "tweets" by clicking the following link: http://twitter.com/richbuchanan
No password or hocus pocus required.

Groundhound

Re: FREE CALLING TO ANYWHERE ON EARTH SHOULD COME TO OOMA!!!!!!!

Post by Groundhound » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:45 pm

It could also be interpreted to mean free calling to anywhere on Earth between two Ooma devices.

googlevoice

Post by googlevoice » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:48 pm

I understand, but still I am willing to pay $10-15 if unlimited calling comes to the rest of the world. I know people on average an individual customer will call may be one or two countries but Ooma can make money on that. Like Vonage is making money allowing 70 countries. Do we think an average Vonage customer calls all 70 countries? Impossible.........

googlevoice

Post by googlevoice » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:52 pm

Though I am using Rebtel to make unlimited calls (Rebtel allows calls among 52 Rebtel countries for free). It is an awesome service but if I am given chance to consolidate my local long distance and international calls, I can stick to Ooma and willing to pay reasonable monthly payment.

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:52 pm

googlevoice wrote:I understand, but still I am willing to pay $10-15 if unlimited calling comes to the rest of the world. I know people on average an individual customer will call may be one or two countries but Ooma can make money on that. Like Vonage is making money allowing 70 countries. Do we think an average Vonage customer calls all 70 countries? Impossible.........
Vonage is making money? :P

googlevoice

Post by googlevoice » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:56 pm

In the beginning Vonage tried to rip customers off. They did not learn their lessons when other VOIP companies started the VOIP business and took business away from Vonage. But now they learnt their lesson and trying to make Vonage more user-friendly and trying to give incentives so that lost customers can join back Vonage. Actually the latest report mentioned that Vonage actually added more customers last year compared to last three years because of the introduction of Unlimited World plan.

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:11 pm

googlevoice wrote:In the beginning Vonage tried to rip customers off. They did not learn their lessons when other VOIP companies started the VOIP business and took business away from Vonage. But now they learnt their lesson and trying to make Vonage more user-friendly and trying to give incentives so that lost customers can join back Vonage. Actually the latest report mentioned that Vonage actually added more customers last year compared to last three years because of the introduction of Unlimited World plan.
According to their latest 10-Q Summary dated Nov. 6, they had a net loss of 145,327 subscriber lines through the first nine months of 2009. http://biz.yahoo.com/e/091106/vg10-q.html.
Fourth quarter financials have not yet been posted.