Unable to make calls

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
shedberg
Unable to make calls

Post by shedberg » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:37 am

I haven't had Ooma for very long but have been mostly happy with it. I have my configuration as Cable Modem --->Ooma Telo--->router. I noticed yesterday and today that I have been unable to call out all the time. My telo updated last night sometime but since it did not work reliably yesterday, I do not think that is the problem. Yesterday I reset everything to no avail then everything seemed to just start working. Back to sporadically not working again today. I get incoming but not not the outgoing. It seems to resolve after an incoming call. Anything I can be doing to troubleshoot?

bw1

Re: Unable to make calls

Post by bw1 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:04 am

If it updated last night, you need to reboot the Telo by powering it down and then back up.

shedberg

Post by shedberg » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:11 am

I just did that and will see how it goes. The only reason I knew I was updated was because I happened to check my handset. Otherwise, how would anyone know?

Tony
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tony » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:18 pm

Send me an email if it fails again. Please write down the time you made these possible (failing) calls and called numbers.

shedberg

Post by shedberg » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:48 am

Will do! Thanks for the help!

glarini

Post by glarini » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:30 am

same problem hear. ooma dialtone> dial ph#> no ring sound on my end. but the phone on the other end can hear the ring, answer the phone and here me talking, but i cant hear them at all.

mikemac

Post by mikemac » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:08 am

I have the exact same problem, except on an ooma hub. Here's what I've diagnosed:

Randomly when I make phone calls, I can hear the dialtone, but it does not ring, and I can't hear the other person. They can hear me, and it shows up in my call log. I will try again and again, but it simply won't work. I reset the modem/router/ooma, and the problem persists. The last time this happened (Jan 2, 10AM), I tried calling 2 different numbers, both had the same problem over and over, then I tried calling my cell phone, and it worked, but when I tried calling the other two numbers again, I had the same problem. After waiting a couple of hours, I tried the 2 problem numbers again, and it worked - so this problem is intermittent.

The only connection I could find between the numbers from Jan 2 was they are from a company called Fidelity Communications, the same local phone company that I ported my number from. When I called my cell phone it was on Verizon and successful - could just be a coincidence.

I called ooma tech support, and opened a ticket. Reset everything, changed my configuration, and told him he probably needed to check with the engineers. I spent about 30 min explaining the situation (you guys know how that goes), and when I asked him to read back the ticket he created, all he put was "Customer has problem making calls." Great, thats a big help for the engineers!

Bobby or Dennis, we could sure use your help (I can msg you exact dates and phone #'s), this seems to be a problem with the telco side - my ticket # is CS26069.

I'll keep watching the forums, and keep you guys updated if I get a reply from the engineers..

glarini

Post by glarini » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:04 pm

rebooted telo 3 times still same problem, all day. could this be a problem due to the update lasting several says?
Thanks to all for the support.

ordinarylyf

Post by ordinarylyf » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:09 pm

I have the exact same problem, I get calls all of the time without issue, but I can not make a call where I can hear on the other end.

Here is how it goes:

Pickup the phone and I hear the Ooma DIal Tone and then I dial

At first I thought that the calls were not going through but I found that everyone I called was able to hear me but I did not hear the phone ringing, the phone pickup or the person talking on the other end.

I have been constantly rebooting this Ooma and it is all the same I do not know what to do.

My Internet service is through U-Verse, is that some thing that I have in common with anyone else in this forum?

surf-meister

Post by surf-meister » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:21 am

I have a similar problem, when i make a call, all I get is a busy signal no matter which number I call including Ooma support. Any ideas?