Business use

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
amoney
Business use

Post by amoney » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:41 pm

I just thought it was interesting to receive a email from Ooma recommending "Home Office" use, though in TOS Ooma discurages use for Buisness.

Again here is another BIG loss opportunity for Ooma. Ooma SHOULD capitalize on making a product for business use!!! and charge accordingly!!! It will still beat the competition if Ooma keeps the same economic model of keep prices low and make money by volume of customers. This is not rocket science folks!!!

Again Ooma advertising is not up to snuff. I would be very curious to see Ooma's advertiseing, is it only on the west coast or soemthing, here on the south east coast I havn't heard a peep. All I see is the competition.

I want Ooma to succeed!!!
Comcast > Telo > WRT54G

Groundhound

Re: Business use

Post by Groundhound » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:55 pm

Actually, they have stated in some press interviews that they plan a SMB offering in 2010.

amoney

Post by amoney » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:05 pm

Groundhound wrote:Actually, they have stated in some press interviews that they plan a SMB offering in 2010.

Ahhh good to hear, I guess thats part of the up coming anoucements.

Thanks for the info, makes me feel much more confident about Ooma!!!
Comcast > Telo > WRT54G

VicMatson

Post by VicMatson » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:16 am

Groundhound wrote:Actually, they have stated in some press interviews that they plan a SMB offering in 2010.
Wow now, this thing is not ready for businesses. Vonage QoS is, by far, better. I am using the same broadband as when I was with Vonage and believe me it is better. What won me over is Ooma's upcoming use of Google Voice, but now as it is I can't believe thats happening in 2010!

There are just too many issues for small business.

allo

Post by allo » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:32 am

VicMatson wrote:
Wow now, this thing is not ready for businesses. Vonage QoS is, by far, better. I am using the same broadband as when I was with Vonage and believe me it is better. What won me over is Ooma's upcoming use of Google Voice, but now as it is I can't believe thats happening in 2010!

My feelings exactly! You said it : they are not ready for prime time yet!
If they do rush it to offer it to businesses; I hope that would not compound the problems to a point... to a point of no return where a lot of people start giving up!
I don't believe a business will tolerate unresponsive/unready CS after sale... because the phone is a lifeline to most businesses; and I don't see them sticking around after just 1 bad encounter!

amoney

Post by amoney » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:31 pm

allo wrote:
VicMatson wrote:

My feelings exactly! You said it : they are not ready for prime time yet!
If they do rush it to offer it to businesses; I hope that would not compound the problems to a point... to a point of no return where a lot of people start giving up!
I don't believe a business will tolerate unresponsive/unready CS after sale... because the phone is a lifeline to most businesses; and I don't see them sticking around after just 1 bad encounter!

Correct, the support needs to be massively improved, which is most of the time done, becuase it is for buisness. When buisness cable broadband goes down, Comcast response asap, now if your a home consumer, lol....
Comcast > Telo > WRT54G