How do I access voicemail recorded on 2nd line?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
raynardo
How do I access voicemail recorded on 2nd line?

Post by raynardo » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:33 pm

I have a Scout with a second line via the Premier service.

The second line recorded a voicemail and the Scout button indicating that a call was received, but I am unable to retrieve it. When I press the flashing button, I'm informed that I have no voicemail and it continues to blink. I'm guessing that it's letting me know that there isn't a message on the first line - which is true.

I can access the voicemail by logging into to myooma using the second line, but I'd like to retrieve the voicemail directly off of the Scout.

Any ideas?

bw1

Re: How do I access voicemail recorded on 2nd line?

Post by bw1 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:50 pm

How do you have the scout hooked up?

You may want to try connecting it directly to the hub with a short phone cord - wall port to wall port.

murphy

Post by murphy » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:43 am

You probably have a scout that has the wrong serial number on the bottom. Call CS and ask them to give you the serial number of the scout that they see connecting to your hub. Then re do the personal scout setup using the new serial number.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

raynardo

Post by raynardo » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:44 pm

1) I do have the Scout connected directly to the Hub.

2) I'll call about the serial #.

3) Why don't Ooma support people monitor the forums and assist people? God knows they don't answer email requests, and as a result of this faulty support, I can unfortunately not recommnend Ooma to anyone.