ooma Outages - Corrective action plan

Stay informed with the latest ooma feature updates and service status. Note: New Topics cannot be created in this forum.
frenchcamp49er
Re: ooma Outages - Corrective action plan

Post by frenchcamp49er » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:51 am

Yes I'm also really happy with OOMA, just the savings alone knowing I'm not paying AT&T nothing, well they still get my cell phone money, but it still feels nice not paying for a landline that is not used often. I do pay for the premier plan, one because I like the features and I fell I'm helping put a company that is saving my $35 a month. Now that I got my port completed, I had issues with that, now every thing seems to be great.
Customer Since: January 2009
Ooma Hardware: Ooma Hub/Scout; Telo 04/02/10
Ooma Service: Premier Lifetime (Since December 2009)

Pandora

Post by Pandora » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:46 am

tommies wrote: You need to do this behind the hub's home port
Thank you, now I understand.

I've got my Ooma hubs behind the router and never connect to them.

bw1

Post by bw1 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:25 pm

Pandora wrote:
bw1 wrote:You can if you're a premier subscriber and an update is planned for ooma to allow this for ooma outages (i.e. if your internet connection or power is out) for core subscribers.

However, this will still only work if the ooma calling network is up and running on ooma's servers.
If you don't mind my asking, has Ooma announced a failsafe for core users? I think it is a great idea, but somehow don't see the announcement on this site.

Thanks!
http://forums.ooma.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18&p=55&#p55

Ok, I assumed it would be for core users, since the capability is already there for premier.

gpadick

Post by gpadick » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:46 am

southsound wrote:Wonderful response, Dennis. As has already been said, the two outages have brought about a plan and strategy that will provide us with even more reliability. When a company turns a negative into a positive for its customers, it shows what is most important to that company. Thank you for putting your users first. This is just one more bit of evidence that I made two right decisions. The first by buying ooma and a second by being an active part of the awesome user support network on this forum.
Amen! ;)
As for me and my house,
We will serve the Lord.

Joshua 24:15

Dick

DeadEyeDave

Post by DeadEyeDave » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:51 am

Plan sounds good, please effect ASAP.
This morning can't call international event though lots of time left on account. Is that ooma's problem or perhaps something in the U.K.? How do I find out?

dfabian

Post by dfabian » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:13 am

Thank you for being forthcoming with an action plan. It's too often that companies simply post a cryptic notice of "improving services" or some forward looking statement of vague improvement. You are treating your customers with respect they deserve. It does come back to you for brand loyalty.

I used to manage IT for a Pharma manufacturing firm (laid off now). I understand about data integrity and timely delivery of information. If you get to the Midwest Chicago area let me know. You sound like a company that holds similar values.

caseybea

Post by caseybea » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:13 am

Last night it appeared that ooma users could not call any 800 numbers-- any tool-free number dialed received a busy signal. As far as I am aware, the outage started last night sometime, and was broken until this morning.

I am very very disappointed that the "Ooma status" part of this forum was NOT updated to reflect this, which was clearly a service outage.

I am getting close to wanting to port my landline and stay with Ooma long term. But based on last night's outage (and lack of communication from Ooma), I am having second thoughts.
Ooma Hub customer since January 2010
Telo2 upgrade (hub retired) October 2016
Service Level: Core

Mike-o-Matic

Post by Mike-o-Matic » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:54 am

Revived from last April? Far out, it's a "Back-from-the-Dead" thread! :D

Alright, having had my morning chuckle, I'll make my relevant point: Nothing was tweeted about this on http://twitter.com/ooma_status/ ... it would've been nice to see the toll-free outage and its recovery on there as well. Isn't that what it's whole purpose for being?

Dear God help me, I'm becoming one of "those damned Twitter people." Sigh.
Customer Since: November 2009.
Number Port: ordered 12/14/09; completed 01/07/10.
Hardware: one Hub, one Scout, one Telo.
Service Level: Annual Premier.

bw1

Post by bw1 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:09 am

Perhaps it was a local problem with only some accounts? Not trying to make excuses for them.

BTW, what happened to this:
Dennis P wrote: Communication
  • We are adding a mechanism for us to display outage notifications on our homepage and Lounge login page. The notification will be displayed at the top of the home page and link to our status in the forums. This should be live tomorrow.
I wonder if it got dropped with the site redesign.

caseybea

Post by caseybea » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:28 am

bw1 wrote:Perhaps it was a local problem with only some accounts? Not trying to make excuses for them.

BTW, what happened to this:
Dennis P wrote: Communication
  • We are adding a mechanism for us to display outage notifications on our homepage and Lounge login page. The notification will be displayed at the top of the home page and link to our status in the forums. This should be live tomorrow.
I wonder if it got dropped with the site redesign.
Even if the outage was "limited" to only a subset of accounts (my guess: it was system-wide) - enough people reported the problem on the forum(s) last night where there was a clear service outage affecting enough people to warrant an outage notification.

No forum notification. No twitter update. Nothing. FAIL.

I am losing faith in Ooma's ability to service customers. Rapidly. Not likely at this point I will purchase the premium service I was seriously considering. OOMA REPS: ARE YOU LISTENING? YOU JUST LOST MORE REVENUE.
Ooma Hub customer since January 2010
Telo2 upgrade (hub retired) October 2016
Service Level: Core