Someone else has my ooma number

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
mikegoldnj
Someone else has my ooma number

Post by mikegoldnj » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:58 pm

On my Hub/scout system I have my original landline number that was ported over last year, and also associated with this Hub is an ooma assigned second number.

Over the past couple of weeks, I've been getting occasional calls on the ooma assigned number which I assumed were wrong numbers. However, when I asked some of the people what number they were calling they gave my ooma number but they had asked for some person I have never heard of.

Is it somehow possible that this number has been duplicated?

Groundhound

Re: Someone else has my ooma number

Post by Groundhound » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:44 pm

What happens when you call that number from a non-Ooma line like a cell? If it rings your phone then perhaps someone gave out your number by mistake to his friends when trying to inform them of his new number (an email typo).

amoney

Re: Someone else has my ooma number

Post by amoney » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:59 pm

Groundhound wrote:What happens when you call that number from a non-Ooma line like a cell? If it rings your phone then perhaps someone gave out your number by mistake to his friends when trying to inform them of his new number (an email typo).
Happens alot, about once a year I get a flood of unknown callers looking for someone else, I do get some interesting messages and texts on my cell. Then go away after a few weeks.

Worst are freaking 10 year old's calling for their friends. Ugh. Thats edumacation for ya.
Comcast > Telo > WRT54G