ooma Outages - Corrective action plan

Stay informed with the latest ooma feature updates and service status. Note: New Topics cannot be created in this forum.
mbrown15
Re: ooma Outages - Corrective action plan

Post by mbrown15 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:10 pm

mine is still bouncing despite claims the issue is resolved.

Potts

Post by Potts » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:16 pm

Same here. Off On Off On. Just going to have to sit tight.
Setup Dec. 2009. Cable Modem, (Hub and Scout purchase Amazon.Com) Router (Linksys WRT5465S2) Ooma Premier.

pianoman

Post by pianoman » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:20 pm

Up and down here in New Orleans.

00ma

Post by 00ma » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:26 pm

Up and down here in Central Florida also

hottea

Post by hottea » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:45 pm

Same here, on and off in Northern Kentucky.

artguy

Post by artguy » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:10 pm

Bouncing quite steadily here in Boston!

cprompt

Post by cprompt » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:14 pm

My service at home (Kingfield, ME) has been up and down. My service at my store (New VIneyard, ME - 10 miles away), is currently down.

I just spoke with a tech, and he indicated that it is a nationwide issue. I asked why there hadn't been an e-mail notification, and he said that their whole internet was down so their ooma service and their e-mail were both non-functional.

"It should be back up within a day", was his comment.

amoney

Post by amoney » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:16 pm

oomg wrote:
amoney wrote:Yes, Ooma was responsible, why becuase of the simple fact, mutiple people had the same error. Who proved this you asked, the answer is all the posts that said so.

If your fine, thats great for you, but other people are not fine, and are requesting improvements.

Please step aside as obviously this does not concern you. ;)
Really! So, if it turned out that a half dozen ATnT subscribers had the same experience, that would mean it is ATnT's fault, right? Same with Verizon or other providers, right? Sorry, your offer of proof fails. At best what you are offering is very weak circumstantial evidence.

By the way, I have as much right to protest your protest as you have to protest in the first place.
So your protesting me wanting improvements? Thats real intelligent thinking there. And just to help you out, that was sarcasim.

Yes Ooma is the responsible party, if I have a issue with ATT or Comcast, I call ATT or Comcast, and they are suppose to figure it out, and if its not entirely under their control, THEY are suppose to contact their partner that is responsible to get a solution etc.

I have said my peace.
Comcast > Telo > WRT54G

joey

Post by joey » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:16 pm

caseybea wrote: As far as I am concerned, it does not matter to me if Ooma was responsible for the outage. What matters is, the outage affected Ooma customers, and it sure as hell would have been nice if Ooma kept the customers up to date in a timely fashion.
From this perspective, I agree. The focus should be on "customer outcomes" not "internal outcomes".

For example, the current status says the red/blue cycling has been resolved several hours ago but my systems are all going up and down like a yo-yo still. I'm happy there is a status page. I realize the majority of the effort is going into fixing the problem not communicating the present status. It would be nice for Ooma to engage their PR/customer facing person (assuming they have one) during outages to give hourly updates rather than a forum admin who is also working on fixing the problem. It would also be nice for us to receive a voicemail message from Ooma after the outage to let us know everything should be fixed, etc. etc.. A little bit of proactivity goes a long way towards customer satisfaction.

Don't get me wrong, I'm been very happy with my ooma devices (was a beta tester) and I recommend them to everyone. In times of crisis people simply want to have their expectations set and reset as often as possible.

nitecourt

Post by nitecourt » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:19 pm

Mine just went up and down as I post this at 6:16PM Eastern.