ooma Outages - Corrective action plan

Stay informed with the latest ooma feature updates and service status. Note: New Topics cannot be created in this forum.
dgackey
Re: ooma Outages - Corrective action plan

Post by dgackey » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:22 pm

nitecourt wrote:Mine just went up and down as I post this at 6:16PM Eastern.
Ditto, in Austin TX. Needless to say I am not pleased at my phone service ping-ponging all day. Thought it was safe to take the VOIP plunge by now, I guess I was wrong.

AdamBAtl

Post by AdamBAtl » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:23 pm

Status has indicated corrected for over an hour and I'm still going in and out of service.

rpransky

Post by rpransky » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:24 pm

It is 3:25pm PST in Temple City, CA. Why is service going in and out after OOMA says service has been fixed at 1:20 PST?

dgackey

Post by dgackey » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:25 pm

By the way, I haven't read this entire thread, but I would expect that:

- Major system maintenance is performed during non-peak hours (like, during the wee hours?)
- Customers would know in advance when major system maintenance is being planned? (Since apparently we need to make other arrangements?)

murphy

Post by murphy » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:26 pm

joey wrote:
caseybea wrote:It would be nice for Ooma to engage their PR/customer facing person (assuming they have one) during outages to give hourly updates rather than a forum admin who is also working on fixing the problem.
I doubt that the "forum admin" is working to fix the problem.
He's a vice president of the company.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

XEOS

Post by XEOS » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:31 pm

Blah... blah... blah!! Just more lip service from the ooma "suits" that will have ZERO impact on the friggin' DELIVERY OF SERVICE that we paid for!!

Oh, BTW... I'm SILL experiencing "cycling outages" today on my ooma Hub. Even after SEVERAL power on/off cycles.

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:35 pm

murphy wrote:
joey wrote:
caseybea wrote:It would be nice for Ooma to engage their PR/customer facing person (assuming they have one) during outages to give hourly updates rather than a forum admin who is also working on fixing the problem.
I doubt that the "forum admin" is working to fix the problem.
He's a vice president of the company.
Dennis wears a couple (at least) hats (not unusual for start-ups). There's this one: http://www.ooma.com/company/team, and this one: http://www.ooma.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=leaders. So he's VP of Product Management, Forum Admin, and Moderator.
Edit: I forgot - also movie star: http://www.ooma.com/support/video-tutor ... iring2.flv :D

funone46

Post by funone46 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:41 pm

jsbatch wrote:Blah... blah... blah!! Just more lip service from the ooma "suits" that will have ZERO impact on the friggin' DELIVERY OF SERVICE that we paid for!!

Oh, BTW... I'm SILL experiencing "cycling outages" today on my ooma Hub. Even after SEVERAL power on/off cycles.

You have not been here long enough to have this opinion. If Dennis P. says he is on it. HE IS ON IT.
Ooma customer since Febuary 2009 - savings so far $ 1000.00
Ooma hardware Hub/Scout
LIFETIME PREMIER MEMBER

kkattle

Post by kkattle » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:04 pm

Just to add my data - we've been off and on and off and on and now off again from 3pm atlantic until now (7pm). Reset modems, routers - internet works fine. Ooma is not working.

KL

XEOS

Post by XEOS » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:12 pm

Newbie or oldie makes no difference. All of the collective ooma d!*k sucking going on in this thread is sickening! I've been using and provisioning VoIP services for nearly TEN years - commercial and residential - and I have a very deep technical background in IP delivery. Bottom line here for ooma et al is simple - just get the network issues RESOLVED - add TEN new data centers if necessary - so you can deliver the service that your customers PAID FOR UPFRONT and be done with it!! All of the marketing "lip service" is pure hot air. Hey! Ooma "suits"!! If you haven't noticed, VoIP telephone service is now a COMMODITY!! The tolerance level that ooma STILL DEMANDS from its subscribers goes WAY beyond the "early adopter" stage that you all seem to be so proud of. Given my personal experience with ooma to date, I can convincingly say that it's NOT ready for prime time (i.e. broad consumer consumption) and, at this stage of development, is NOT a VoIP telephone service that I would recommend to ANYONE!! I'm done with ooma. Hope ya' all have fun diggin' around in your little ooma sandbox!