ooma Outages - Corrective action plan

Stay informed with the latest ooma feature updates and service status. Note: New Topics cannot be created in this forum.
mipmapped
Re: ooma Outages - Corrective action plan

Post by mipmapped » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:23 am

Here in Silicon Valley, hub still clicking away. It's up more than not, but it's dropped twice in the last half hour. And Ooma states all is OK...

jcalciano

Post by jcalciano » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:45 am

Pennsylvania here. Still clicking away since yesterday.

MikeekiM

Post by MikeekiM » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:20 am

MikeekiM wrote:
MikeekiM wrote:Mine has been up since 5:41pm PST... Blue light...able to make and receive calls...

My fingers are crossed that I am "fixed"
It's 7:35pm and I am still up and running... I think things must be fixed now :)
Later in the evening (around midnight) it started acting up again :(

I am blue right now...but I just got up... Not sure how stable it's been through the night...

UPDATE: Dang it... It's clicking in and out every few minutes again... :( :( :(
Last edited by MikeekiM on Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Customer Since: August 2009
Ooma Hardware: Ooma Telo (Original Legacy Hub/Scout Customer)
Ooma Service: Premier Lifetime (Since October 2009)

vready

Post by vready » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:22 am

My Ooma Hub is still flapping between red and blue in Seattle as of 7:20am.

GearGuy

Post by GearGuy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:25 am

Had one brief on-off-on this morning within roughly the last hour here in Western NY. Other than this recent event I typically never see the status light cycle.

I hope that they dig deep enough to determine the root cause of this issue and address it.

My concern is regarding all of the Oomas recently given as gifts or purchased just before the end of the year. These new customers are likely taxing the system resources (if Ooma did not foresee and plan for the possibility). They very likely may cancel their service and return their Oomas due to this service reliability event within such a short timeframe of use. This could be a bit of a financial hit to Ooma.

I would think that fairly regular updates about the problem solving process with just enough detail indicating that Ooma is reaching a true solution would help alleviate the concern that many customers, especially new ones, may have.
Even better, it would have been nice if they let us know in advance that a major change to the system (i.e. update to core server) was planned. If it goes well, customers are encouraged by efforts to grow the business. If an issue arises, they can relate it to a recent event rather than assuming a system break down. The fact that Ooma already has a status thread and Tweet to subscribe to for communication of this information is excellent.

I have been a customer since October and have been very happy overall with my Hub, Scout and service given the level that we use the product.

ooma1113

Post by ooma1113 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:09 am

System has kicked in and out a couple of times in the past hour. They must still be tweaking to get things back to normal. I have to say that I'm a satisfied customer even with a system problem like this. I feel OOMA will only improve and it certainly is many times less expensive than Verizon. Patience is something OOMA customers need to use while the growing pains continue but, it is the best phone service for the money!!! :cool:

bdb1011

Post by bdb1011 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:49 am

You should place the new Data Center in NE Ohio, i would definitely apply to help manage it.
also we have an ooma hum with scout and it is still going from in service to out and back every 2 hours.

caseybea

Post by caseybea » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:55 am

GearGuy wrote:
I hope that they dig deep enough to determine the root cause of this issue and address it.
The "root cause", as mentioned elsewhere, is a server upgrade they performed that uh, didn't go well.
Ooma Hub customer since January 2010
Telo2 upgrade (hub retired) October 2016
Service Level: Core

stocks22

Post by stocks22 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:16 am

It would be nice to be able to use my OOMA tel set, PERIOD let alone a cell phone. The Ooma web site will not allow me to remove unwanted tel sets so I cannot use my 2nd Ooma tel set.

Ooma just says; "oh, we will check into that.." This has happened time and time again.

I think Ooma just posts good stuff to this forum to keep their reputation. It's FALSE and misleading info. Ooma stinks.

southsound

Post by southsound » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:26 am

vready wrote:My Ooma Hub is still flapping between red and blue in Seattle as of 7:20am.
vready,

The ooma logo has previously been used by ooma moderators only so that people can easily tell who is posting. Please reconsider the use of a trademarked avatar that is confusing for other users. It is just the right thing to do.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.