ooma Outages - Corrective action plan

Stay informed with the latest ooma feature updates and service status. Note: New Topics cannot be created in this forum.
Groundhound
Re: ooma Outages - Corrective action plan

Post by Groundhound » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:10 pm

Potts wrote: I love reading members posting like this. It gets everything back on track and to the point pertaining to the problem at hand. In this case the Topic is ..(ooma Outages -Corrective action plan). Not AVATARS. So stop highjacking this topic with AVATAR issues, And start you own Topic.
The major subject of this thread is Ooma's communication (or lack thereof) regarding outages and their corrective action plan. If someone posts in this thread in such a way as to mislead (in this case probably unintentionally) others into thinking he is a company employee when in fact he is not, responses by others to call attention to the situation are not off-topic.

bw1

Post by bw1 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:14 pm

Groundhound wrote:
Potts wrote: I love reading members posting like this. It gets everything back on track and to the point pertaining to the problem at hand. In this case the Topic is ..(ooma Outages -Corrective action plan). Not AVATARS. So stop highjacking this topic with AVATAR issues, And start you own Topic.
The major subject of this thread is Ooma's communication (or lack thereof) regarding outages and their corrective action plan. If someone posts in this thread in such a way as to mislead (in this case probably unintentionally) others into thinking he is a company employee when in fact he is not, responses by others to call attention to the situation is not off-topic.
I agree. Also, there is too much "noise" in these threads for users to find the pertinent information and communication.

Potts

Post by Potts » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:15 pm

I feel as members we should all act like Moderators and step in when highjacked postings are made. jsbatch did just that.
Setup Dec. 2009. Cable Modem, (Hub and Scout purchase Amazon.Com) Router (Linksys WRT5465S2) Ooma Premier.

amoney

Post by amoney » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:14 pm

I would like to see this thread deleted.

This thread is as awfull as Ooma's contingency plan. Let me explain... This thread was about Ooma corrective action plan, and all of that dialoge is completely watered down. The thread is completely disoherent from its original intended purpose.

The current outage event 1/21/2010 comments should have been contained in this thread... viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6067&start=40

I understand about the avatar thing, it threw me for a second as well, I think it would have been more appropriate (during the current situation) just to PM the guy.

If anyone expects 24/7 uptime 360 days out of the year, let me be the first to say they have unrealistic expectations and Ooma is NOT for you. I came here with the understanding of server/networks etc. I can deal with a outage, but of more importance is Ooma's contingency plan and customer support etc. (hence this threads intended purpose).

The non acknowledgment of the 800 outage a few days ago was a not so nice thing. But watching Ooma closely regarding this outage, my expectations were met with the status update (as for the content of the information thats a seperate issue in itself). Unfortunately I feel that Ooma only posts about service interruptions if it is forced to do so. They had to in this case rather if something was not readily seen by all in the wee hours of the night I highly doubt Ooma would make a acknowledgment.

I have my own thoughts what has happened, by no means was this a simple server upgrade, and a contingency plan was clearly not in place (there was a mention of a roll back???). As I said before there is no such thing as a simple update to a CORE system. At my work we dont go near a core system unless it is needed. Obviously Ooma needed to address something, and because they "needed" to, its not just a simple thing.

A day long outage is bad enough, and that is in my tolerance, fortunately for me my Telo appears stable today however I was not watching it all day either. But more importantly it is how Ooma handles these issues. Again I came to Oome with more of a concern with how Ooma manages an outage, as there will always be an outage. And this is how I measure a companies aptitude in handling a issue. Obviously it does not look good.

If a mod could clean this thread up and move the posts to what I think is a more appropriate thread, perhaps a discussion about better contingency plans can continue in this thread.
Comcast > Telo > WRT54G

Potts

Post by Potts » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:41 pm

amoney.. every member has an opinion to any given topic. To side line a topic and introduce a new discussion is very disrespectful to the creator of the topic, such as this discssion. Let it rest. The point was made.

The topic is (ooma Outages - Corrective action plan) Regards.
Setup Dec. 2009. Cable Modem, (Hub and Scout purchase Amazon.Com) Router (Linksys WRT5465S2) Ooma Premier.

amoney

Post by amoney » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:50 pm

Potts wrote:amoney.. every member has an opinion to any given topic. To side line a topic and introduce a new discussion is very disrespectful to the creator of the topic, such as this discssion. Let it rest. The point was made.

The topic is (ooma Outages - Corrective action plan) Regards.
My apologises for the misunderstanding, I was attempting to eluding to the same thing... this threads topic of corrective action plan, i.e contingency plan. I least I think that is the same. (I agree I may have ranted abit)

I will be watching what Ooma has to say for all of this.
Comcast > Telo > WRT54G

EDS

Post by EDS » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:54 pm

All blue in NYC all day, but clicking noise continues. So glad I don't use the phone that much and have Google Voice.

southsound

Post by southsound » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:56 pm

Potts wrote:In this case the Topic is ..(ooma Outages -Corrective action plan). Not AVATARS. So stop highjacking this topic with AVATAR issues, And start you own Topic.
Sorry that you were offended by my stating to a new poster (only 5 posts) that it was deceptive to use an ooma logo as his/her avatar. I am sure that the poster had no idea that it would be a problem but since we have many new people posting here, one could assume this was a comment from an official source. Some of us care deeply about the perceptions of a new user.

If you really want to get technical, why are you posting to a thread that was started back in April of 2009 and virtually quiet for several months? Why not start a new thread for the current issues? Although both concern an outage, the reasons for that outage and the response from ooma has been totally different.

Please blame me directly for posting the complaint about the avatar. I was upset enough that I even reported the poster. You may PM me if you would like to continue the conversation.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

southsound

Post by southsound » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:24 pm

jsbatch wrote:We are suffering through a multi-day, MAJOR SYSTEM outage with ooma and you idiots are arguing over who has the right to use a friggin' AVATAR??? Some how that doesn't surprise me given the state of today's American society. Go play with your iPhones, Blackberrys and Droids and leave the problem solving to those that know what they are doing!
Gosh, Mr. / Ms. Nine Posts. Good to hear that it is innapropriate for someone to come into an 8 month old thread and help another poster realize that it is not good to have an avatar that makes people think you are an ooma employee.

I am not an ooma employee but I would venture to say that I have helped more than a few ooma users get their systems up and running. I don't have an iPhone, Blackberry or Droid but I do know how to solve problems. That was one of the things I was trying to do.

You mention the "state of today's American society"... I guess your previous sentence is somehow geared to making us a kinder, more gentle society. Good for you! :P
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

xboxman

Post by xboxman » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:48 am

Hi everyone
the day that ooma had the outage i was on my ooma phone and my telo started flashing red but i never lost my call
any one have any idea why ? i'm glad it did not drop my call just think it was strange how it still worked
thanks