Another Telo Handset Question

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
billc
Another Telo Handset Question

Post by billc » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:09 pm

I purchased a Telo handset two weeks ago and the second number and voice mail were working fine until this morning when the handset shows "searching" on the display. I have attempted to register the handset again but can't get the "searching" message off the display. I pulled the battery from the handset with no success. Any ideas how to get the handset out of searching mode?

murphy

Re: Another Telo Handset Question

Post by murphy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:59 pm

billc wrote:I purchased a Telo handset two weeks ago and the second number and voice mail were working fine until this morning when the handset shows "searching" on the display. I have attempted to register the handset again but can't get the "searching" message off the display. I pulled the battery from the handset with no success. Any ideas how to get the handset out of searching mode?
Power cycle the Telo.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

billc

Post by billc » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:18 am

Power cycled the Telo also, sorry forgot to mention that. I also attempted to register the handset again but can't key in a PIN since I can't get the "searching" display off the handset screen! I'm stumped.

murphy

Post by murphy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:41 am

Did you press and hold the antenna key on the Telo until it started blinking?
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

dsinternet

Post by dsinternet » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:48 am

billc wrote:Power cycled the Telo also, sorry forgot to mention that. I also attempted to register the handset again but can't key in a PIN since I can't get the "searching" display off the handset screen! I'm stumped.
I know it says "searching" instead of "Auto registration" but maybe try this
When the handset says "Auto registration", try pressing menu, and then back and see if this prompts the handset to prompt for the PIN. Don't forget to also press the antenna button on the main Telo for 3 seconds until it starts a rapid flashing before.
I don't think this will work, but you can give it a try.

billc

Post by billc » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:34 am

I never get to the Auto Registration screen the handset seems to be stuck in search mode. I have power cycled the telo and the handset and tried to re-register the handset by following the standard directions of pressing the antenna key until it blinks but the handset never tries to register or prompt for a pin, it just keeps searching. I have pulled the battery out of the handset and will leave it out for 24 hours to see if it resets? Is there a hard reset function on a handset? I may need to call support on this one.

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:03 am

billc wrote:I never get to the Auto Registration screen the handset seems to be stuck in search mode. I have power cycled the telo and the handset and tried to re-register the handset by following the standard directions of pressing the antenna key until it blinks but the handset never tries to register or prompt for a pin, it just keeps searching. I have pulled the battery out of the handset and will leave it out for 24 hours to see if it resets? Is there a hard reset function on a handset? I may need to call support on this one.
Power off the handset. While it is off hold down the 0 and left softkey, and then briefly press the red handset key. The handset should power up in Auto Registration mode.

lohertz

Post by lohertz » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:39 am

Groundhound wrote: Power off the handset. While it is off hold down the 0 and left softkey, and then briefly press the red handset key. The handset should power up in Auto Registration mode.
Up up down down left right left right A B Start
LOL Just kidding, that's a good start!

Post by 8587464730 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:15 pm

[/quote]Power off the handset. While it is off hold down the 0 and left softkey, and then briefly press the red handset key. The handset should power up in Auto Registration mode.[/quote]

I'm guessing the left "soft" key is the one to the left of menu...or? This doesn't work or do anything perceivable. Handsets (I have 4) refuse to register. Any other advice?

billc

Post by billc » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:47 pm

OK, tried that and now it's stuck in Auto Registration mode. Time to call support, thanks for your help.