Today is the day I say goodbye to Cox

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
jkjflee
Re: Today is the day I say goodbye to Cox

Post by jkjflee » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:25 pm

They gave a ticket # last week the scheduled date of the port. Last week was week # 3. Today is week # 4 and they still cant tell me anything about the port. It would be nice if someone could tell you and knows what is going on. Instead of "we dont know" and "I will forward the ticket on". Leaves a person feeling there is no hope.

Potts

Post by Potts » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:40 pm

jkjflee wrote:They gave a ticket # last week the scheduled date of the port. Last week was week # 3. Today is week # 4 and they still cant tell me anything about the port. It would be nice if someone could tell you and knows what is going on. Instead of "we dont know" and "I will forward the ticket on". Leaves a person feeling there is no hope.
A member porting a number to Ooma needs to fill out an loa, This information is included in an Ooma email, The information needs to be filled out correctly. The email also states to send the loa an copy of you phone bill using email or Fax as a return.

If you did like I said in this posting your porting will go through without problems. I suggest you look on how you ported.
Setup Dec. 2009. Cable Modem, (Hub and Scout purchase Amazon.Com) Router (Linksys WRT5465S2) Ooma Premier.

caseybea

Post by caseybea » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:49 pm

Nowhere in the electronic-LOA process is there a request for a copy of the old phone bill, nor was there a request for this in the first (and only) email I've received on this, thus far.
Ooma Hub customer since January 2010
Telo2 upgrade (hub retired) October 2016
Service Level: Core

murphy

Post by murphy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:01 pm

Here is an extract from the electronic LOA that I received for a port from Vonage.

------
Please complete the attached LOA and follow the instructions on returning a copy back to ooma. In addition, we are also going to need a copy (by fax or email as a computer scan) of your phone bill showing your name, address and account number.

The sooner you provide us with this information, the sooner we can start the porting process. The porting process takes a few weeks to complete.
-----

If the data Ooma transmits to the old phone company does not exactly match their records, they are going to ignore it.
If the phone number to be ported has an anti-slamming code in place, that code is also needed.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

jkjflee

Post by jkjflee » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:32 am

I checked and rechecked the ppw I sent to ooma LOA. It looks fine as far as I can tell. It seems if ooma ran into a problem they would contact you with the update. Stating the issue you are having is with .... and ..... Instead ooma makes a person call in and annoy the reps till they do something for you. This is really becoming a pain. I hope others don't have to go through this.

JTalbert

Post by JTalbert » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:51 am

The only thing I would do, is look at your phone bill and compare your bill with what you sent ooma word for word, letter for letter, Make sure there are no differences in how your address is listed on your phone bill and what you submitted to Ooma. I would also called your current phone provider let them know you droping them and that Ooma says the port was denied and find out exactly what was wrong and resubmit it to Ooma.

I just had my port completed yesterday with no problems. I will admit that I agree, Ooma should be more communicative than they are. I got my first email saying they got my request, the estimated date was 1/27 for the port, and that I would get a confirmation from Ooma once Cox acknowledged the request and agreed to the date, I never got that. But about a week before my port I did get other emails from Ooma saying my port was happening on the 27th, but in no communication from Ooma was I told that Cox had acknowledged the port request.

Thats the one thing I keep hearing over and over, Ooma CS is subpar and that is one thing I agree with from my previous limited experience with the CS.
Jeff
McLean, VA
Cox / Ooma Telo / Apple AEBS (Time Capsule) / Ooma Handset / Premier
CompTia A+ CE
MCITP: Windows 7 Enterprise

jkjflee

Post by jkjflee » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:19 am

It has been over 4 weeks now.. I did not even receive a email telling me that the port will happen. I was told by CS the port was to happen last week 1/20... :(