Are these Ooma Telos hardware or Service Issues?

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
dadoftwokids
Are these Ooma Telos hardware or Service Issues?

Post by dadoftwokids » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:28 am

Just got the Ooma telo a week ago. I have a high speed internet connection through cable with 17 Mb/s up and 4Mb/s down. The Ooma device is connected to a Netgear wireless router, and is configured for the highest priority traffic. I'm on the east coast.

While the connection is crystal clear, I have had these two problems consistently and I'm wondering if the root cause is the hardware, my installation, or Ooma service?

- I typically can not connect to a number for a conference service that I need to call frequently and sometimes I get a "no route found" message. I connect perfectly with my landline every time.

- My call gets dropped frequently while on hold (happens with several numbers)

I've tried email support but there's been no response yet. I'm not sure if it is unusual to not hear anything after a week and three messages.

Thanks for any suggestions.

southsound

Re: Are these Ooma Telos hardware or Service Issues?

Post by southsound » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:37 am

From my own experience, email response to support is very lacking. I would recommend several things. Keep a log of the problem calls, noting the number called, the time and date, and the problem encountered. Then call ooma support at 888 711-6662. Let the person know the details of your problem. Suggest that they will probably have to escalate the call to a higher level technician that has access to your call logs. The higher level techs can look at the exact routing and other factors that are affecting your call. I'm sure they will be able to get things cleared up for you.

And lest we forget, welcome to ooma and to the forums! There are a lot of great folks here who can help with almost any problem. Unfortunately, this one needs to be addressed by ooma.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.