Port complete, lost Ooma original phone number ?!

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Falcon
Port complete, lost Ooma original phone number ?!

Post by Falcon » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:17 pm

My port completed (LOA emailed 02/01/09, completed 03/09/09) however my original Ooma number, which I requested be retained in my LoA request and subsequent email traffic now says "no longer in service" when called externally, busy if called from Primary line. I'm a Premier customer and want to retain this number, which has been given out to people. I've emailed support (2 days ago, again tonight, but no response yet) about this and do not want to risk losing this number.

Support Mods,
Can you look into this matter and help resolve this? Is there some special magic needed to keep the original Ooma number as my second line (Premier customer, Scout not currently installed - if this matters) beyond requesting it?

Thanks!
Happy Ooma customer since January 2009
Lifetime Premier Member

trim81

Re: Port complete, lost Ooma original phone number ?!

Post by trim81 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:41 pm

it has been said before.

you can call Ooma support and have them recover that number

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:18 am

As I have mentioned before:

I have contacted Customer Support and the matter has not been resolved.

This is why I have posted on the Forum to engage the Ooma Mods, who seem to be quite helpful and responsive.
Lifetime Premier Member

sunrisepostal

Post by sunrisepostal » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:29 am

I had same issue and i did call customer service and they put back my ooma number is two minuets i have my number back in system.
just call by emailing them they never reply that is the bed part about customer service.

Mojo
Ooma Moderator

Post by Mojo » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:19 pm

Most of the support requests we get are on porting status checks. We're bringing in a bunch of new folks to handle these requests so that we can free up support resources to handle cases like these (adding phone numbers, etc).

Your old number should be added to your account.

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:37 pm

Mojo wrote:Most of the support requests we get are on porting status checks. We're bringing in a bunch of new folks to handle these requests so that we can free up support resources to handle cases like these (adding phone numbers, etc).

Your old number should be added to your account.
Thank you! I can confirm that my Ooma-provided number does now reach my Ooma hub. I do appreciate the assistance and prompt response from Forum Mods.
Lifetime Premier Member