Unable to play voicemail online

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Potts
Re: Unable to play voicemail online

Post by Potts » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:50 am

You could try logging out of My Ooma and logging back in. You could also try deleting you cookies in IE8. I also suggest that after downloading Adobe Flash Player 10 and doing the install http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/do a computer reboot. Outside of those 3 tips. I dont know.
Setup Dec. 2009. Cable Modem, (Hub and Scout purchase Amazon.Com) Router (Linksys WRT5465S2) Ooma Premier.

gace

Post by gace » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:29 am

Tried all that and no go.

sfhub

Post by sfhub » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:02 pm

It gives an error when you choose to download the message to your PC, which shouldn't be dependent on OS or Flash, so either in addition to or along with VM playback, VM download is broken for some.

I'm guessing if it is working for some, Ooma might have their servers load-balanced and the changes that broke VM aren't on all the servers.

alphacompgeek

Post by alphacompgeek » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:22 pm

It's a problem for me too. We've been on Ooma for a couple months now and have always found the voicemail player to be quirky. You click on a message, you see the 'Loading...' animation, but the message doesn't play. In the past, I could keep clicking over and over and it would eventually play, but today I have two voicemails and I can't get them to play at all. The VMs are forwarded to my email and that works fine, so I can work around it for now, but it would be nice if the web player would work more consistently.

I also get the error message when I try to download the messages from My Ooma: "We're sorry, there was a problem processing the page."

By the way, I'm on Windows 7 (x64) and have tried Firefox 3.5.7 and IE 8 both with the newest Flash Player.

Potts

Post by Potts » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:53 pm

I suggest going to http://www.ooma.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=leadersand do some emailing. Ooma did a server update a few days back, maybe it's still being work on.
I see no problems posted http://twitter.com/ooma_status Keep us posted on your findings.
Setup Dec. 2009. Cable Modem, (Hub and Scout purchase Amazon.Com) Router (Linksys WRT5465S2) Ooma Premier.

Pierre!

Post by Pierre! » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:16 pm

I also have this issue... Just wanted to add my head to the head count.

Fails on all 3 phone numbers, and I just tested this last week. Wonder if one of the latest browser/system patches from MS broke somthing...

This happens on Vista and Win7, fully patched, IE8 or Firefox 3.5.7

So add me to the list!

TIA...

>>>NEXT<<<

markevans

Post by markevans » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:32 pm

I also have this problem. Using Firefox or IE8, cannot play message and when I try to download I get an error page/message from Ooma.

CRoooCR

Post by CRoooCR » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:13 pm

I'll add my name to the list as well. For two days, I've been unable to play voicemails from myOoma. When I click on a message, the player appears to load, and it looks like it's going to play, but...nothing. I'm running the latest Flash version, Windows XP Pro, and Firefox 3.5.7. Hope Ooma is aware of this and working to fix it.

Potts

Post by Potts » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:14 pm

Has anyone emailed this problem to http://www.ooma.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=leaders To any moderators or administrators

CRoooCR

Post by CRoooCR » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:21 pm

Just now emailed admin.