Move not working

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
rllaysatx
Move not working

Post by rllaysatx » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:50 pm

I select all and move to another folder (using the default of 10 messages per page). The messages get copied, not moved to the target folder.

Move works on individual messages, but page count gets messed up. I moved 2 messages from my first page. I was on page 1 of 7. Then I navigated to page 2, and then back to page 1. Then Ooma reports that I am on page 1 of 4. I moved 2 messages and lost 3 pages.

Usually the pages re-appear after I logout, close the browser, open a new instance of the browser, and log back in.

Anyone else experiencing this, or know a good workaround?

I'm using Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox 3.5.5

Thanks.

amoney

Re: Move not working

Post by amoney » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:10 am

When someone reports that the issue is resolved when restarting the web browser, it indicates a temp cache problem. I think the Ooma website is not updating the client (your browser) correctly and thus everything (page count) is a mess.

Ooma will also have to address the mtuiple message move that results only as a copy as you say.
Comcast > Telo > WRT54G

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:08 am

Hello,

The issue you are experiencing has been reported & a bug on file.

rllaysatx

Post by rllaysatx » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:45 am

This is still not working. Also the response time is very, very slow when navigating through the folders. I am surprised that there are not more complaints about this issue. I don't think I am the only one experiencing it.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:57 pm

I've never thought to use the vm move feature until just now trying to replicate the problem you described.

Using IE8, no can do.

Using Firefox though, it works. Although when I first tried, it didn't want to work but when I cleared recent history, it started working.

nn5i

Post by nn5i » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:29 am

lbmofo wrote:I've never thought to use the vm move feature until just now trying to replicate the problem you described.

Using IE8, no can do.

Using Firefox though, it works. Although when I first tried, it didn't want to work but when I cleared recent history, it started working.
That's unclear.

When you say no can do, do you mean the feature doesn't work, or do you mean you can't reproduce the problem?

When you say using firefox, it works do you mean the feature works, or do you mean that your attempt to reproduce the problem is successful?

Just curious.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:58 am

hehe. With IE 8 the move doesn't work no matter what.

With Firefox, the move works but I had to clear history to make the move work.

Biscuit32533

Post by Biscuit32533 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:31 pm

Set up two folders and then selected some messages Clicked Move and selected the right folders and messages moved.
Firefox 3.6 but you need to then hit F5 key to refresh you don't have to close browser.
Did not try IE8 have but don't really use.