Telo Problem

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
TomandJerry
Telo Problem

Post by TomandJerry » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:05 pm

I bought a Telo during Christmas time and now it just stopped working. Customer Service sucks as mentioned by other people. The hours are very bad. What if a person has problems outside your normal business hours? Then after calling the toll-free number (during business hrs), you have to listen to entire message and then press 4. It won't let you do anything in the middle. Simple listen to entire message. Connecting to a rep is fast. Here is my setup.
I have my cable modem -- Telo -- my computer. All ethernet cables. No routers or wireless stuff. Nothing can be simpler than this. Telo worked for one month and then stopped working on 2/2. Don't know what the problem is. Ticket # CS29660. Every time I call they keep asking me the same questions over and over again. Changed ethernet cables (actually using ooma's cable). I can connect to the internet using my cable modem (thats how I am typing this topic).

I hate to write bad reviews about people, but hey I paid $200 for this device and it worked for only 1 month. A phone IS important to me. If it doesn't work I have every reason to be mad. :(

Hopefully someone will be able to help me out.

murphy

Re: Telo Problem

Post by murphy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:12 pm

Are you power cycling your cable modem EVERY time that you change what is connected to it?
That is an absolute requirement for all cable modems.

Have you connected to the setup page in the Telo and clicked the radio button on the network page that says to use the built in MAC address and then clicked update?
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

TomandJerry

Post by TomandJerry » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:23 pm

Yes. I don't mess up with my connections. Wall outlet -- cable modem -- telo -- computer.
I did this with the rep too. Turn off the modem and the telo and the pc. Then wait 20 seconds. Turn on the modem. After the top 4 lights r green, I turned on the Telo. Solid 1-2, then trash -- message then rewind-stop-play- fast forward. Then the flower keeps blinking red. Then back to the above steps. Goes on and on. Dying to see the solid blue lights.

I can't connect to setup page. Called the ISP, Cox, they said there is NO firewall on the cable modem. It is my modem. I did not buy or rent from them.

See, it worked for one month then suddenly stopped working. I don't play around with the devices. If it worked for 1 month, how is it that its not working now? No changes.

murphy

Post by murphy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:33 pm

TomandJerry wrote:Yes. I don't mess up with my connections. Wall outlet -- cable modem -- telo -- computer.
I did this with the rep too. Turn off the modem and the telo and the pc. Then wait 20 seconds. Turn on the modem. After the top 4 lights r green, I turned on the Telo. Solid 1-2, then trash -- message then rewind-stop-play- fast forward. Then the flower keeps blinking red. Then back to the above steps. Goes on and on. Dying to see the solid blue lights.

I can't connect to setup page. Called the ISP, Cox, they said there is NO firewall on the cable modem. It is my modem. I did not buy or rent from them.

See, it worked for one month then suddenly stopped working. I don't play around with the devices. If it worked for 1 month, how is it that its not working now? No changes.
Disable OpenDNS if you are using it.

Connect to
http://172.27.35.1

Configure it to use the built-in MAC address as I indicated above and then power cycle everything.

TomandJerry

Post by TomandJerry » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:51 pm

murphy wrote: Disable OpenDNS if you are using it.
How do I disable OpenDNS? I am using Windows 7

murphy

Post by murphy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:53 pm

TomandJerry wrote:
murphy wrote: Disable OpenDNS if you are using it.
How do I disable OpenDNS? I am using Windows 7
If you were using OpenDNS you would have to have installed it yourself.
If you didn't install it, you aren't using it.

TomandJerry

Post by TomandJerry » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:57 pm

murphy wrote: Connect to
http://172.27.35.1
I could not connect to the above address. I power cycled the cable modem & telo. Spent past 1 hr. No luck.

I disabled Comodo Firewall and Nod32 on Windows 7, but still nothing worked.

I was able to connect to the setup page (above address) earlier (before this issue). However, at that time all buttons were light solid blue, not blinking red.

oldanbo

Post by oldanbo » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:49 pm

so you are able to connect to setup.ooma.com? sorry if I missed an earlier thread and am asking you to repeat yourself. I'm starting to think that you have somehow obtained a defective Telo unit.

You're right, your setup should work easily.

Regards,
Dan

TomandJerry

Post by TomandJerry » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:21 am

Right now I can't connect to either setup.ooma.com or http://172.27.35.1
Last month I could connect to http://172.27.35.1

I am getting more responses from this forum than from the Customer Service. Every time I call CS, they ask same stupid questions and then after 30 min of explanations they say "I am updating your ticket, because it is missing some information". Hello, when will you update the ticket and when will someone actually work on it?

"oldanbo", You are right, maybe my Telo is bad.
But I need that acknowledgment from CS and send me a new one fast. This is their problem.
My old phone company had better customer service and they r open 24 hrs for Tech support.
It seems ooma is behaving like govt organization with lot of bureaucracy :x

oldanbo

Post by oldanbo » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:33 pm

you might try a PM to ntoy, bobbyb or dennis. Just a thought.

regards,
Dan